• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Yeah, true. Lots of people mix up phobias with fears.

Found a simple explanation on google:

''Phobias occur when fears become unreasonable. We all have fears and we all need them to keep safe. A fear of heights is a good thing, as it keeps us away from the edge of the cliff. If your fear of heights stops you from going above the third floor, then this is a phobia. The fear is unneeded, unhelpful, and disabling to your life.''

Fears of darkness, death, heights, insects, etc. are mostly instinctive, and can easily be overcome. Overcoming a phobia is much harder (and they are often illogical, like you said).

Level 14
Hooo hooo... i have my arachnophobia from one day... ahhh.

I was young... i have visited my grandma. Right when it was time to go home, i had to take my jacket from her bedroom (that's where i have throwed it).I have entered the room, and BAAAAM - A GODDAMN BIG ULTRA QUICK MASSIVE BLACK TARANTULA that was crawling on the wall. It was SO MASSIVE, bigger then the palm of my hand... I was about to do a step and then another for the jacket, but on the first step the tarantula was almost on the CEILING AND ABOVE MY HEAD! I ran back... but i was determined to get that f*cking jacket and get the hell outta here. So i have sprinted for it and get it :D. Then i was running with like 40km/h around the house and towards the bus station. I got home and then i realized what happened.
And a day later my grandmother called me on the phone and told me that she splashed the spider with her flip flops and that the whole wall was green. And that's where i actually puke on my monitor (i was on the PC)...

So that's the story for my Arachnophobia... when i see a spider, i run with 40km/h. Also that was a little bit off-topic, but... :D (also - sorry for my bad English)

meh.ro3898.jpg

And as we can see here, he didn't comment on how that spider sent a chill down his spine. Phobias are irrational, when going case by case you'll see various differences in the person's reactions.

A severe arachnophobe would've either gotten mad at me for posting that, or made a comment about how the picture startled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.