• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pending Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
As an ex-map moderator: please be patient and let the moderators do their work.
You have only waited for a day (almost 2 days), moderators actually need to check all maps that enter the hive constantly (a lot of work, I can tell you that).
In the past, wait-times could be several months (if not more), thankfully there are more map moderators now and that time has been drastically reduced :).

So just sit back and relax while the moderators do their best to give you some (hopefully positive) feedback.
Also, do not post threads like this in the help-section please.

Level 5
As an ex-map moderator: please be patient and let the moderators do their work.
You have only waited for a day (almost 2 days), moderators actually need to check all maps that enter the hive constantly (a lot of work, I can tell you that).
In the past, wait-times could be several months (if not more), thankfully there are more map moderators now and that time has been drastically reduced :).

So just sit back and relax while the moderators do their best to give you some (hopefully positive) feedback.
Also, do not post threads like this in the help-section please.

Did you looked map,is it good enough

Level 19
First of all, hes an ex-moderator, not a moderator, and he was only giving you advice on why your map is still pending.

Also, I highly doubt that your map will be accepted. The Hive retains a very high quality.

No custom abilities, items or units. Undead melee creeps are better than human. There is nothing unique about this map. Bad terrain. Annoying music keeps playing over and over again. Only 12 heroes and they all are probably boring as hell. Lanes are connected with that looooooooooooong empty road that takes like a minute to walk.

You should really get some advice from friends or over at the Idea Factory before uploading your map here. Judging from all of your reviews (I have not taken the time to test out this map), I can see that you are not an experienced mapmaker. As i said, I'd recommend starting with smaller maps and having your friends test them and give you feedback (even better, having strangers test your map because friends might still exaggerate). Id also recommend taking a gander at the tutorials section and learning whatever you can and implementing. Some of the best maps on the Hive are from users that take 1-2 years to learn about mapmaking than another 3-6 months to develop the map (I've been off-and-on for the past 4 years and im still roughly a couple of weeks away from the first beta test of my RPG)

Untill then, your map will probably stay pending/rejected.

Last edited:
Level 5
First of all, hes an ex-moderator, not a moderator, and he was only giving you advice on why your map is still pending.

Also, I highly doubt that your map will be accepted. The Hive retains a very high quality.

You should really get some advice from friends or over at the Idea Factory before uploading your map here. Judging from all of your reviews (I have not taken the time to test out this map), I can see that you are not an experienced mapmaker. As i said, I'd recommend starting with smaller maps and having your friends test them and give you feedback (even better, having strangers test your map because friends might still exaggerate). Id also recommend taking a gander at the tutorials section and learning whatever you can and implementing. Some of the best maps on the Hive are from users that take 1-2 years to learn about mapmaking than another 3-6 months to develop the map (I've been off-and-on for the past 4 years and im still roughly a couple of weeks away from the first beta test of my RPG)

Untill then, your map will probably stay pending/rejected.

Thanks I will release new version early

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Well, the more time u spend in it, the better it become.
One week isnt enough for a map, try to spend more on it. (even I have spent 3 months in my project and I havent finished the hero yet LOL).

Level 28
I'm also pretty experienced (if I'm allowed to say so myself) with mapping and I'm able to create systems rather fast, but a map? That takes many months.

My first big project (started mid-2006, so that's a very long time ago :p) took me about half a year to finish. In retrospect, that was too short. There were some bugs and certain aspects of the map were left unfinished.
These days, about 6 years later, now that I've gotten much faster at mapping and have more knowledge about those things, I would still need a full year to create something worth playing (in my opinion then).

Level 19
How Lıng To Make A Great Maps,I make my maps in one week

read above. im about 8 months into my map and almost ready to release a alpha (about 1/6 done at that point).

one week is enough time to make like... a basic tower defense or a small unintuitive rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.