• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Awesome dude! I like what you did with gnoll hut. Good use of imported pine model, looks great. I dont like the second boss, because of his gold. I wonder if he drops a gem... BTW, your marketplace skin looks awesome, but your Barrwo Den needs work. Perhaps you can replace those panda heads on it with something that looks like the panda heads on Illidans blades?

Level 34
Awesome dude! I like what you did with gnoll hut. Good use of imported pine model, looks great. I dont like the second boss, because of his gold. I wonder if he drops a gem... BTW, your marketplace skin looks awesome, but your Barrwo Den needs work. Perhaps you can replace those panda heads on it with something that looks like the panda heads on Illidans blades?
I'll see what I can do.
btw if you realy need any help whit the Terrain, I can help you :D
And here is an good interface = http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=94788
You mabye know about them Hehe.
I know about that, already got it! ^^ The interface is actually done, but there are few minor stuff that need s to be done. Like, hero level bar, colored texts and few other small stuff. No, I don't really need help with terrain, but thanks for the offer!

Level 23
I always used murloc huts and goblin merchant for pandaren. They look bamboish and stuff. Hm. Goblin Merchant. Now here's an idea. A bamboo pandaren town hall(skinned goblin merchant), with a pandaren child(skinned goblin)running when it works.

I like what you did with watch tower and gnoll hut.

Level 34
the only thing that bothers me is the tileset.

and the fact that pandas are supposed to be pretty big, and that acolyte panda is extreemly skinny.
What exactly bothers you with tileset? Oh, and I don't think that every Pandaren necessarily has to be big. Btw, those acolyte male villagers represent older villagers. So, since they're old, they're not that big and strong anymore. :/
If you need help with making the abilities (triggers and all that), I can probably give you a hand if you can live with them being GUI.
GUI, no problem, but I don't need any abilities right now. I'll call you when I need some, thanks! ^^
I always used murloc huts and goblin merchant for pandaren. They look bamboish and stuff. Hm. Goblin Merchant. Now here's an idea. A bamboo pandaren town hall(skinned goblin merchant), with a pandaren child(skinned goblin)running when it works.

I like what you did with watch tower and gnoll hut.
Yeah, that's a pretty neat idea. :)

Level 23
Yeah, and pandaren were japanese first but then China said that they are their natural place of life, and that only in Chine there are free pandas and so on. Chinese pandaren actually look better, Id say, but Chinese obsession with pandas bugs me. Know why pandaren arent a playable race or even NPCs in WoW? Because China says that you cant kill Pandas. Idiots. There are thousands of games where pandas fight, kill and die! And they just had to say it to Warcraft. perhaps they think that after being defeated by a pandaren in WoW a player will go and kill real pandas?

Level 34
i just dont think lordaeron summer is an epic enough tileset
*village
Actually it is unknown what trees grow in Pandaria(except bamboo).
So this tileset actually suits really well. Maybe too little bamboo, but everythihng else is awesome.
I found some awesome bamboo models not long ago, so I'll make sure there's enough bamboo in my map!
What's the size of your map? :) (not in mb i mean like 190x190 or 200x200)
It's 256x256 right now, but I was hoping to increase it with WEU.

And about your Chinese-Japanese disscusion, I say Pandarens are neither, or both. Yes, bamboo and pandas are mainly in china, but the buildings, style of living and fighting are japanese. And to be honest, I jove Japan and it is my dream to visit it. But not because of their crazyness and technology, but because of their history, culture and tradition. Oh, if Pandarens ever show up in WoW as playable race, I'm buying WoW for sure! ^^'

Level 23
I just explained why they never will.
There will be glineas worgen and goblins in the next expansion.

Yeah, Japan's history is cool. And yes Pandaren are some sort of mix, with some elements which were created by blizzard.

Level 8
hm.. friky i allways thought you are a great terrainer but your rpg terrain looks meeh :<

I prefer village fall or ashenvale would fit a lot more that lords summer or village normal
if you make a great terrain that this would be .... fuckin amazing

Level 34
hm.. friky i allways thought you are a great terrainer but your rpg terrain looks meeh :<

I prefer village fall or ashenvale would fit a lot more that lords summer or village normal
if you make a great terrain that this would be .... fuckin amazing
Thanks, I think I'm gonna switch to Village fall. ^^

Update!
- Warrior's abilities added

Shadowmancer is next!

Level 34
The rpg sounds decent. Looking forward to playing it. Btw, are you using the panda UI ?
Yes, off course! :D And Pandaren interface icons, too (Move, Attack, Patrol etc.).

Okay, people, I think I'm gonna go with Ashenvale, and a little bit of Village. Since my bamboo models are green, I don't know if they will fit with brown yellow orange-ish enviroment, which is Village fall, or Loarderon fall.

Level 34
Mmm... I could never imagine Fall as something corrupted. What I had in mind is that I use Felwood poison and blight for corrupted area, along with dead trees and other dead-like/corrupted doodads. Oh, and... I'm still using normal WE, something tells me that I shouldn't use WEU... I don't know, I'm afraid WEU is going to bug the whole map, or what if no one except me will be able to play it... with WEU I can put more tiles, which is great, but I was unable to make the map larger, it won't go any further that 256x256 :( Not even with WEU Enhancer.

Level 7
Everything looks and sounds promising FrIkY! Your terrain looks good (though you do have some floating doodads in the Venomkiss picture - just a few seconds to fix).

Am I right to assume you'll be using this?

Good luck!
+rep

Yea i saw T_T what i meant was use some better trees, to make it look more like fallen. It looks really happy. Example: at Venomkiss boss trees are different then the trees in the first 3 pictures but they still don't look so good. You need more scarier then that. Oh and btw Blizzard cliff+flat terrain imba fail. -.- UTM has some nice trees that you could use! :)

Level 34
Oziris, I know about UTM and all the nice trees. I'm using Blizzard cliffs to make a much easier "Line of sight blocker", instead of using "Line of sight blocker" doodads... and I don't know why people shit so much about those cliffs, I don't see what's so horrible about them...

And people, please, stop talking about the terrain, I know it's crappy but I am going to change it and make it look better, don't worry! It's not like it's the most important thing about a map, would you rather play some map with awesome gameplay but bad terrain, or bad gameplay with awesome terrain? (but I'll try to make both gameplay and terrain awesome.)

Current progress: still working on hero abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.