• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Overwrite value in Hashtable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Why aren't you able to overwrite values in a hashtable? Something may be wrong, but I can't make it work. I've made a quest system for my map, to simple add and complete quests... The thing is I can't overwrite
  • Hashtable - Save False as 1 of LoopInt[1] in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
with
  • Hashtable - Save True as 1 of LoopInt[1] in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
Could you please check the triggers?

• Quest Add and Complete
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set p[0] = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set PlayerGroup[0] = (Player group(p[0]))
      • For each (Integer LoopInt[0]) from 1 to Quest_MaxQuests, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Quest_Item[LoopInt[0]]
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to Quest_Required_Level[LoopInt[0]]
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Load LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) from QuestAccepted_Hashtable) Equal to False
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Quest_Ability[LoopInt[0]] to (Triggering unit)
                      • Hashtable - Save True as LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) in QuestAccepted_Hashtable
                      • Hashtable - Save False as LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
                      • Game - Display to PlayerGroup[0] for 5.00 seconds the text: (Quest Accepted: + (Name of (Item being manipulated)))
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Load LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) from QuestCompleted_Hashtable) Equal to True
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Remove Quest_Ability[LoopInt[0]] from (Triggering unit)
                          • Game - Display to PlayerGroup[0] for 5.00 seconds the text: (Quest Completed: + (Name of (Item being manipulated)))
                          • Hero - Add Quest_ExpReward[LoopInt[0]] experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
                          • Player - Add Quest_GoldReward[LoopInt[0]] to p[0] Current gold
                          • Hashtable - Save False as LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Game - Display to PlayerGroup[0] for 5.00 seconds the text: You have already ac...
                • Else - Actions
                  • Game - Display to PlayerGroup[0] for 5.00 seconds the text: You do not meet up ...
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup[0])

• Quest 1 Child Rescued
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Quest1ChildsRescuePoint <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Lost Child (Quest 1)
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer LoopInt[1]) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Triggering unit) Equal to Quest_ChildsMissing_EventUnit[LoopInt[1]]
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(LoopInt[1]))
              • >>>>Hashtable - Save True as 1 of LoopInt[1] in QuestCompleted_Hashtable<<<<
              • Set Quest_ChildsMissing_EventOn[LoopInt[1]] = False
              • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
              • Set Quest_ChildsMissing_EventUnit[LoopInt[1]] = No unit
              • Set PlayerGroup[0] = (Player group((Player(LoopInt[1]))))
              • Game - Display to PlayerGroup[0] for 5.00 seconds the text: Child got home! Go ...
              • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup[0])
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Load 1 of LoopInt[1] from QuestCompleted_Hashtable) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: true
                • Else - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: false
            • Else - Actions

As you can see, when I take the quest I save the QuestCompleted_Hashtable boolean as false and when I completed the quest I set it as true, but that doesn't work...

Thanks.

Edit: I'm using two hashtables to store two booleans, in order to check three things:

Accepted(False) + Completed(False) = New Quest
Accepted(True) + Completed(False) = Text: You have already accepted/completed this quest!
Accepted(True) + Completed(True) = Reward

a)
  • (Load LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) from QuestCompleted_Hashtable) Equal to True
You make a check about LoopInt[0], when you set the quest to be completed as LoopInt[1]

b)
  • Unit - Add Quest_Ability[LoopInt[0]] to (Triggering unit)
    • Hashtable - Save True as LoopInt[0] of (Player number of p[0]) in QuestAccepted_Hashtable
You have two actions in there, you don't need the first one, since it will return false anyway.

The problem I see is that you make the checks as LoopInt[0], when it should be LoopInt[1].

Level 19
Well, I don't really think that's the problem actually. Because this debug text:

• If - Conditions
    • (Load 1 of LoopInt[1] from QuestCompleted_Hashtable) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: true
    • Else - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: false
always returns false...

The default value of a boolean is always false, this is why you get that. Plus, why don't you use instead of:
  • Hashtable - Save True as 1 of LoopInt[1] in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
the
  • Hashtable - Save True as 1 of (Key (Owner of (Triggering unit))) in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
I didn't see you involved loop in it. You had better add a more stable value, like the one I suggested.

Level 19
Well, I know it's always false, so I removed the action storing it as false in the Accept/complete trigger, but it still doesn't work.

Your example with
  • Hashtable - Save True as 1 of (Key (Owner of (Triggering unit))) in QuestCompleted_Hashtable
won't work because the "child" is owned by player 11.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've got this to work now! :) Thanks anyway Pharaoh_ +rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.