• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overlapping Gold Mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
If I use a trigger that says "Replace Haunted Gold Mine with (New Gold Mine)" it creates 2 gold mines next to/on top of each other

It even says that it will happen as if it is a known glitch, is there a way to fix this?

Level 6
I understand why its happening, but I have tried other things like "remove" and then "add" but remove doesnt seem to do anything to the haunted gold mine at all

Level 6
Thanks. I'll start off by saying, I am just starting to learn the basics and don't know much :) I am making an altered melee map, its not really very different from standard melee, but it has some cool extras.

I wanted to add a new race to my map (not a lot of races, just 1 or maybe 2) so I figured I would start with Naga. I've been looking at different Custom Races people have shared, there is a Draeni somebody posted recently that I am thinking about importing into my map, but I'm still learning a lot.

I found a cool map that has a Naga Race using Undead buildings, like they haunt the gold mine and have blight, but theres cool textures added like instead of blight it has shallow water. I am trying to read any tutorials I can, I know about Warcraft 3 Viewer but don't know what its for other than importing images (I did use it for a loading screen). I know the blight texture is called "Lords_Blight.Blp" and I was able to export it from a map I downloaded into my map, and I know I had to change the path to custom which I did, but it doesn't show up and I don't know how to set it so the naga buildings use shallow water instead of dark terrain.

I also have a few other problems, like the builders texture is not appearing even though I imported it.... but now I know I am rambling on and asking too many questions lol.

Back to the point of my OP, the Naga Race i am currently trying to setup, works as a 5th race, so players have a dialogue menu at the start asking if they would like to switch to naga or play default races. If a player selects Naga, then I have triggers replacing their units with Undead in order to have the starting units = 3 workers and 1 ghoul because thats how this Naga is setup... I mean it doesn't have to be that way but I thought it was cool.

Sorry for writing so much but, the point is that I can not replace or remove the Undead Haunted Goldmine correctly, and add in a new "Naga Goldmine" which the naga goldmine is basically the exact same thing as a Haunted Goldmine just with a new texture. It doubles up and creates 2 overlapping goldmines (one with the naga building, one without) allowing players to use both

Last edited:
I think you still don't understand what's happening. Here's what I figured out for a solution to fully get rid of the gold mine.

Hypothesis and confirmed through testing was that Haunted Gold Mine ability made it leave a normal gold mine upon death.

What you do is before you need to remove the Haunted Gold Mine through triggers is to remove the "Haunted Gold Mine ability" first (with trigger) and then continue to replace it with another unit

Last edited:
Level 6
remove the ability first? ok I just tried that

Edit: it did remove the haunted goldmine, but still made a 2nd overlapping new gold mine

Last edited:
Apparently it only works in Object Editor rather than through triggers.

Give the Object Editor Haunted Gold Mine unit the "Gold Mine ability" instead of "Haunted Gold Mine ability".

Whenever a Haunted Gold Mine dies through normally combat you're going to have to add a new gold mine and set its resource to the old one with a trigger "Neutral Building - Set Resources of Gold Mine".

Last edited:
Level 2
By Haunted Gold Mine ability are you referring to the 'Blighted Gold Mine Ability' ability that the haunted gold mine has? I just looked at the ability in the object editor and that spell is just for specifying that the gold mine is mined by assigning units to stand near it, like acolytes. Its not the ability that leaves behind a gold mine on death.

By the way I didn't find a solution to your problem.

Last edited:
Blighted Gold Mine ability is what I meant yeah. And replacing it with Gold Mine ability in the object editor does allow for complete removal through trigger. But changing the Gold Mine abilities through Trigger does not work.

Another option to do this would be to detect when a unit enters the entire map, if the unit is a gold mine then remove it or do whatever else you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.