• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Outbreak - Contamination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
NEW ZOMBIE MAP

Outbreak - Contamination is a new zombie map. the difference? this map will be linked to a campain, the stories will be mixed together, and there will be multiple multiplayer maps that also link to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORYLINE
------------------
So basicaly you are sent on some routine mission to deliver some supplies to a town, but as you reach the town you recieve word of another town in that sector loosing all communication, so you investigate. When you arrive the streets are desserted and there are corpses everywhere. you radio command but there is no signal, the coms tower in you sector is found damaged but what did all this....

History

3 years previous, there was an Ameriacan organization called F.S.R (Fringe Science Reserch). They were a secret funded by the government, however a russian terrorist group infiltrated them and began to steal their reserch this soon lead to a russian secret Reserch Team working for presedent himself. This group F.W.T (Fringe Weapon Technologies) began to experement on living humans, they had made many breakthroughs and the president and F.W.T were willing to make war with Ameriaca. However only the presedent knew about this reaserch team.

18th September 2046:
The President of Russia was due for an inspection of a classified facility. No security was permitted with him. He entered the building. 20 minuets later communications were established between a scientist and the Head of Presedential Security the scientist only said three words before he was cut off and screems were heard in the background "Fringe Conamination Outbreak"
30th January 2048:
F.S.R is shut down and publicized by the new president of USA all links are severed and russians begin to sever communication with the rest of the world.
2nd January 2049:
Russia is non existent, there are no longer communications between any other countries and russia. All satalite images show no movement of weapons of war and the russian nuclear stockpile is still inactive. Surrounding countrie begin to increace their defences on the Russian border.
14th August 2049:
Small town on the border of Russia called Iskinavack makes contact with U.N requesting supplies including weaponary, but ergantly requests that no one enters Russia other than the suppliers. Brittish Royal Marines move into Iskinavack and are commanded to send supplies to the small town then evacuate immediatly. The Marines arrive and are sent to the town with a small convoy and supplies.
16th August 2049:
Communications With Marines Lost as they enter Iskinavack
Current Stage
------------------
At the moment this map is in beta stages, there are some excellent systems included, and the map functions correctly, all that is now needed is the storyline to be put in, which i am working on at the moment. Check out this beta demo (save and load function has been disabled) after you have seen it tell me what you think please, does it need improving? Has it got potential? What are your general thoughts?
Also feel free to ask any questions regarding the map.

Credits
-----------------
Credits go to me the creator, designer of skins and Icons.
Talon the Mage for outstanding weapons models.
and finaly Illidan Evil X for some more outstanding models.

Either look at the screenshots here (HUGE PICS) or use the thumbnails, (Slightly smaller and actually fit on screen lol)
Enjoy The Story Of an Engineer in a world of Zombies...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Please leave a comment after you play this map I really need so advice.

--- Outbreak - Contamination ---

Last edited:
Level 7
Sounds cool, I hope the tooltips in game aren't spelled like this description. And "Fringe" copying was sort of uncalled for.

Level 8
lol yea I guess, but the thing is "Fringe Science" is a fully practiced science, so its not really copying, actually its no different from saying they are doing chemistry... any yes my descriptions are never particularly well spelt but are fine ingame.
Any comments and Ideas will be appreciated

Level 7
Just did a quick run-through on single player, that seems a bit too small for much to happen. There's a bug where my name doesn't display in the leaderboard, and, like I said, there are spelling errors and such. If you want, I'll be happy to help write nice descriptions for things. There are a couple of green/error icons when you pause the game.

Also, how many classes are there?

Level 8
oh fair enough, but its a multiplayer map so the multi-board will not work well also i'm not sure about those green displays, if you could tell me what icons seem to be the problem, and there are 6 classes; Commando, Cyborg, Marine, Elite Marine, Scout and Corpsman. Each can be equipped with all weapons, however if i take this map further only elite classes will be able to cary Heavy Weapons, am also working on an inventory system that will be used for equipped weapons and unequipped.

Level 7
The icons shouldn't be too big of a problem for now, it only happens when you pauses the game. There were quite a lot of them though, enough that I don't wanna go back and list them.

Level 8
Thanks, I might Update this soon, and if I do Ill have to Make all the Disabled Icons (i thought I already had, I also Updated the skins I made and Made a realy cool Cyborg one so that can be expected soon too.

Please Continue to leave comments, no matter how random, i need some people to give me pointers, advice and perhaps even some rep xD lol just kidding. I hope those who play will enjoy it.

Level 8
So... I have scrapped Contamintion and moved on to Outbreak - Earthbound I have used the same context.. But very importantly.. I have demolished the rank system.. and in its place have added a new weapons and armor system, this system uniquely uses advanced triggering in order to achive 100% bug free game play.. My last system although it was very good had small leaks such as with reloading where you would not get the correct ammount of ammo or perhaps the ammo supplies were wrong. I am very proud of the new system I have utalised. I have used all the best models for the best asthetics feel. and of course my pwn skins which I think fit the scene perfectly.

Besides the system I have created an auto terrain generating system.. (no not one thats already been made). and a great set of items as well as a good storyline. The Outbreak campain is in progress and the first level is almost complete for testing.. The Outbreak campain also uses this very good weapon/Armor system and a great elevator system.

Outbreak - Earthbound I feel is a very engageing map and it although will not have different ranks of units will still have the basis of a rank system which will be used to limit the advanced weapons and Armor to experienced players only. These elite Ranks will also be given such bonus's as extra Items and also a health increace and Armor increace. It will begin as all marines outside a fallout bunker. you will also begin with 50 Upgrade Points which is a suitable ammount to buy a basic weapon, Armor Suit and enough to gather some ammo. There will be one Zombie created at a random point in the map who has the potential to infect humans spread densely across the map in seconds. Once the Zombies begin to mass your hope fades you will have no hope of soloing as you will be massed by about 50 Zombies and even at top rank you can't beat that many. Should that happen you will need to group up and find a defendable position and kill all zombies and also keep at least 1 villager alive.

Beta test will begin soon so please leave a post here if you are interested..

Status
Not open for further replies.