• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc 03 & 04 Bugs and Orc 08 Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I had a playtest with Cosmo of the first four maps of the orc campaign.
  • On chapter three, the heroes do not learn their abilities. You start with the correct amount of not spent skill points.
  • The music that plays during the interlude on Chapter Three does not stop and plays throughout the map.
  • Nazgrel retains his items from Chapter Three when he goes on to Chapter Four.
  • On Chapter Four, the cinematic with the Goblin who gives you the quest to slay the Furbolg cannot be skipped.
  • You still can't complete that quest on Insane. The game still won't register that the Ursa Warrior was slain.
  • Only one of the Trees of Life give 1500 lumber. All others give 3000.
In addition to these, Cosmo came up with an idea of how Nazgrel could be added to chapter eight without messing up the Soul Gem stuff.
1. Ancient is added to Nazgrel's classification and the Soul Gem can target non-ancients only or 2. Ancient is added to Grom's classification and the Soul Gem can target Ancients only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Well, I think there is something else that should be considered.
I was thinking of being necessary to save Nazgrel from the chaos blood as well, so that, he could be added to help in the last NE chapter(Twilight of the Gods). Then, there could be a trigger or something that made Grom's capture cause Nazgrel's Capture and vice versa. However, they could be imprisoned in the same item, so that, it wouldn't be necessary to occupy another item slot.

Level 12
Orc 08 is the last chapter in the campaign, I don't think Spoon would mind if it got altered a bit.

So yeah, keep the ideas flowing. As for mine, disabling the players from reaching Grom before they capture Nazgrel sounds like a good idea, he can even join as an extra hero or something.

Level 18
I honestly don't know why you're so keen on "saving" Nazgrel.
That way, he would spend about five minutes on the map as an enemy, before you capture him and then you'll just use him as an extra hero. That map should be harder, not easier.
He will at least make that map a lot more harder, which is why he should not be captured at all.

Lore-wise, he will be purified when Grom kills Mannoroth and that's that.

Level 12
That doesn't make much sense.

Why would Thrall leave Nazgrel (a.k.a. his Advisor and a great warrior) unpurified when he can easily purify him?

Sure, Thrall wouldn't care much for the Warsong Clan brutes, but as you already know, this isn't one.

Level 18
All there is behind your reasoning is a vague wish to add extra lore to that chapter. I'm trying to make the chapters more exciting, although nearly all of my ideas get ignored anyway and the difficulty is getting so low, it's not even fun anymore. Take Chapter Five, for example...
I want Nazgrel to get revived and thrown at you plenty of times. I would rather see Nazgrel calling Meteors against your defenses and debuffing your heroes or Taurens and causing insane amounts of splash damage.
That'd be gameplay improvement and that would be more exciting than two stupid clicks, one on the Soul Gem and one on Nazgrel.

Level 2
McQvaBlood, I agree with the idea of making the chapters harder, I think this should be one of the main goals. But what I meant with my second idea on my post was to make it possible to capture him when capturing Grom, I mean, capturing Grom would imply capturing Nazgrel, so that you would purify both. My intention was to make him able to help us in the last Night Elf chapter, but as you said that killing Mannoroth would imply the freedom of the Chaos Orcs, I think it's not necessary at all.

Level 12
I don't really care if you get to fight him or not, he should be purified along with Grom. If you think capturing him will affect the gameplay, then we shouldn't capture him, but adding him to the cinematic at the end is still a good idea.

Sometimes you guys think of these heroes as simple placeholders or something. In my opinion, there should be much more emphasis on them.

Level 18
Oh, if that's all you want, I must have misunderstood you completely.

So, I think it would be the best if he kept fighting you until the end, he couldn't be captured using the Soul Gem and he'd be purified along with Grom at the end of the campaign in the last cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.