• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Slow - Passive ability trigger chance {Shadow Strike instantly killing target}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Aight.. This is pretty weird but here goes.

I've taken the Orb of Slow ability and chained it with a custom Shadow Strike ability, meaning that for every hit a unit makes, it has 15% chance to trigger a Shadow Strike.

That works all fine and all is good, except for one thing. Instead of dealing slight damage as supposed, the Shadow Strike kills its target instantly, and I have no clue as to why.

Here's how I've set the abilities, starting with the Orb of Slow.

Bloodletting
Data - Chance to hit Heros: 15%
Data - Chance to hit Summons: 15%
Data - Chance to hit Units: 15%
Data - Damage bonus: 0
Data - Ability Effect: Bloodletting (Effect) - Note, this is not an actual effect, just the name of the ability.
Data - Enabled Attack Index: 0

Bloodletting (Effect)
Data - Attack Speed Factor: 0.00
Data - Decay Power: 3.00
Data - Decaying Damage: 10.00
Data - Initial Damage: 30.00
Data - Movement Speed Factor: 0.50
Stats - Buffs: Bloodletting
Stats - Cast Range: 300
Stats - Casting Time: 0
Stats - Cooldown: 5
Stats - Duration Heros: 10.10
Stats - Duration Normal: 10.10
Stats - Targets Allowed: Ground, Air, Enemy, Neutral, Organic

-

It's pretty annoying, but if no solution's found I guess I'll just reduce the chance to 1-2% and add non-hero to targets allowed. xD

Level 5
Hey, I found out why 0 casting time kills your target instantly. I tried it out with 0.01 casting time and 1 decaying damage and found out that the casting time for shadow strike ability is the interval between each wave of damage. For example at 3 seconds of casting time if you have 10 decaying damage, it's gonna deal 10 damage every 3 seconds. 0 casting time would be instantly so that's why it kills your target. Just thought you might like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.