• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better than CoD4.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Those screenshots o_O!

Lemme explain what it is; probably the most realistic shooter ever.

It's like one bullet one kill when you get hit in the head or any other vital place, when you get shot in one of your limbs you will bleed. When you do not stop the bleeding you will die, when you've stopped the bleeding and get shot again on that same limb the bleeding starts again. You will also walk like you're injured when you're hit in the leg for example.

Another example, when you're hand gets shot or arm you're gun will fall out of your hand (Pistols) and you will be forced to wear it with the other hand then.

There will be almost no close combat, at least not without everyone on the same team dying within a few secons. Because you die really fast you are forced to fight long ranged combat like in the real war today, and shooting your enemy will - mostly of the time - only be to make provide covering fire and let your troops advance. (Dunno about multiplayer but you won't survive without tactics against NPC's!)

Intel will only be provided true your communication device, when commading your troops your camera doesn't follow them or something everything is viewed at is should be in reality... from your own eyes. There probably won't be a lot interface either.

And the last thing i know about is that you have like 4-5 magazines with a weapon, one might already be loaded into your gun (thats why 4-5 =/) and the other 4 are in your belt. For example when you shoot 13 bullets from a magazine and it had 30 in it thus you have 17 left you can switch magazines and the bullets that you had left in the previous magazine will still be in there. And offcourse you will be able to switch an empty magazine for this magazine with 17 bullets still left in it... awesome...

Every little bit adds to the realism no? I like it... alot.

(My source: Magazine and a Guy from my class lol)

Furthermore, the maps are really... really huge... and the graphics as you've maybe seen look fucking awesome!

Getting this? Yeeess...

Status
Not open for further replies.