• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Open RPG ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys, new on the forum here. Didn't know where to post this, it's nothing you can download and put in your map, but it's some ideas you are free to use (with credits to terradax). I have several ideas for Open RPG maps, and no time to complete them, so i'll share my ideas instead. Here we go!
NOTE: This guide is ment for people with a larger understanding of the trigger system, so beginners will have to wait untill i complete the tutorial map.

Heroes, damage and stats
The heroes for this map should all be melee or ranged sorcerers. Avoid rangers and priestess of the moon. All heroes should do 1-1 damage +primary attribute bonuses. This will be boosted by different weapons. If he doesn't have a weapon he is considered to be unarmed.

Weapons and Armors
All heroes can equip ONE weapon at a time, and only ONE Armor(some serious trigger skills are required). The different weapons are Swords, Axes and Staves. For the one who has time and patience, they can also add Spears, Rods and Daggers.
All weapons have a damage value (of course). I won't go into details of that, but let's give them a value. Each weapon will get a value between 1-5, where 1 is very low damage and 5 is very high damage. Certain weapons also gain a special ability to make value 1 weapons appealing. Here's the list of weapon attributes.

Swords - Value 3, lower evasion (half evasion should do it)
Axes - Value 2, adds critical strike (10% to deal double damage)
Staves - Value 1, adds mana bonus
Spears - Value 4, adds evasion
Rods - Value 1, adds mana regeneration
Daggers - Value 1, adds fast strike (same as gloves of haste)

Same goes for Armors. They get a Value between 1-3, where 1 is low armor bonus, and 3 is the highest armor bonus.

Light armor - Value 2, adds hit point bonus
Mystic armor - Value 1, adds intelligence bonus
Heavy armor - Value 3, adds strength bonus.

Abilities
Since no heroes have abilities, this can get quite boring, but I wanted to give the player the opportunity to customize his own abilities. So all abilities can be purchased at a certain store. These abilities are made from healing runes (healing ability removed), and when they are purchased a trigger adds that ability to the hero. if a hero purchases an ability that goes in the same slot, then the previous is removed. This prevents the hero from running around with 4 ultimate abilities. The abilities are made as following:

Primary - Primary spells are boosting spells, trapping spells, buffs and effects. theese deal no direct damage. Divine shield, Hex, Battle Roar or Entangling Roots are good examples of theese abilities.
Secondary - Secondary spells are direct damage. Shockwave, Frost Nova and Carrion Swarm just to name a few.
Aura - The third slot contains Auras. All auras could be used. Make sure you dont use critical strike or evasion, because then the player won't pick a weapon with that bonus (or do just that to stack the ability).
Ultima - Fourth slot contains ultimate abilities. avoid avatar and metamorphosis as these could create bugs in the game ( if a hero has avatar activated and purchases a new ultima ability, you'll see what i mean...).

But how does the abilities gain a level you ask? Well, using another item like the ability item, this is a trigger based item. I call it booster. one primary booster, one secondary booster etc etc. When a hero purchases a primary booster, it boost all primary spells with one level. since he is allowed only one primary spell, there wo'nt be a problem. All abilities should be max level 3, and ultima ability max level 1. make sure the heroes only can reach level 10, and make them gain like 10% experience.

Monster, rare monster and bosses
I hope you understand triggers and integers, because i'm going to use that a lot in this section. First we need a integer called 'Randomizer'. it creates a random number between 1-100, if the number is equal to or lower than 10, then that's 10%. you get the point. Then we need some monster integers. to name one, 'TrollsKilled'. This keeps count of how many trolls you have killed.

When a hero kills a troll (including trappers, berserkers, warlords but not shamans of any kind(or you could add them too if you want,)) the counter adds +1 to 'TrollsKilled'. When the counter reaches 25 (choose a number), then a special monster will be spawned in a certain point. This monster is a Rare monster. DO NOT MAKE THE TRIGGER RESET THE COUNTER YET! That will cause several Rare monsters spawn on the same spot. When the Rare monster is killed, reset 'TrollsKilled' to 0, and the hero can start hunting again.

An option here is that when 'TrollsKilled' reaches 25, 'Randomizer' makes a percentual chance that the 25th troll drops something good. Why not a 'Trolls Axe' or 'Shamans Staff'? 'Randomizer' Can also be used to make the rare monster drop some rare item.

If the Rare monster isn't killed, then the counted will continue to add +1 per troll killed. Here comes something optional. When the counter reaches 50, a boss monster is spawned. this could be a troll warlord or similar. To prevent that players make several bosses or rare monsters spawn, place their spawn points so the rare monster is like miniboss before you meet the boss, or so they spawn in the same point, boosting each other. You don't have to make bosses for every monster.

That's it!
Well,that's it for now. I hope you have the time to finish what I have started. Dont forget to give credits. I will put a map here so you can copy unit properties and triggers.

Level 21
This is not a resource.

It's not even a tutorial as it doesn't seem to explain anything.
The way your inventory works (like you can only wear 1 weapon, you need it in order to do more than 1 dmg, ...) is not really an original idea, so I don't really see how anyone would have to credit you for that. In fact, it would be a ripoff of about every rpg ever made (except for a few wc3 rpgs that suck balls anyway).
Same goes for bosses / creep.

Abilities: How does a healing rune add "Roar" or something to you?
If you mean you buy a "roar" rune in order to get roar, again, not an original idea... sorry...

Level 1
Well thanks for the supporting words everybody!
I already told you i couldn't find a thread for IDEAS, and this is some of my ideas for an open rpg that i don't have the time of completing.

About the runes and bosses, never seen that system before, so i'll take credit for that thank you very much.

Well thanks for the supporting words everybody!
I already told you i couldn't find a thread for IDEAS, and this is some of my ideas for an open rpg that i don't have the time of completing.

About the runes and bosses, never seen that system before, so i'll take credit for that thank you very much.

You take credit for an idea?! :eekani:

Are you serious?! LMAO!!!

Ok, if I see an idea that someone hasn't made in a map..
Ill just steal it and use it without credit.. -.-

Why? : Becouse if I would make 1000 of ideas and just post them up in ideas, my name would be in every god damn map on warcraft *sigh*

And your ideas weren't special at all, any idiot could make up those ideas..

>Counter Strike
>Super Mario Bros
>Legend of Zelda
>World of warcraft
>Starcraft
>Warcraft
- DOTA
- Vampirism
- Castle Fight

THOSE are good ideas for a game!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I guess I cant blame you, how old are you? 12-14 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.