• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not sure if this is the right forum but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am wondering which is better for both performance and overall gameplay experience when you have a simple idea but it requires a large amount of play. Is one big map with quest specific spawns and such better than a short campaign with smaller maps that have more detail?

If this is the wrong forum please let me know where I should've posted this.

Thanks

Maybe the Map Development section would've been better, but anyway, to answer your question, .. it doesn't have a specific answer. It depends on the uniqueness of the player's experience!
If you can conjure something unique, trust me, your work will be recognized.
Just look at EroticSideBurns and Bond009! Their maps are actually played competitively everywhere (EroticSideBurns had no idea lol)

As long as a map is really fun, memorable and most importantly competitive, it will become a hit.

To me, the first idea sounds like it could be competitive and it sounds better than the second idea, because when you say campaign, I think "boring storyline, time-consuming and single-player".

Status
Not open for further replies.