• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob skinning help: Does not wrap around accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im trying to make a DC vs MARVEL hero map and im making my own custom skins for the heroes. I don't expect them to actually look good, just noticable enough that u can tell who is superman and who is spiderman. I dont have much time for skinning so the textures are really cheap.

This is my first attempt at skinning.

Here's my problem: I take the skin of the Blood Mage Hero then edit it adding black parts to red and adding a batman logo in it's chest and finally blacking out it's forehead and nose to create a mask. I used paint to do all this and saved it as jpeg. I used Wc3 Viewer to turn this jpg into a blp file and imported it, it said something like missing alpha thingy and said "Would you like to create an opaque alpha layer?", I clicked yes. When i restarted the editor and saw the skin, it wrapped around the model wrong, as in it's face is textured to it's cape.

Btw, i edited it by drawing on the individual parts of the skin and did not start from scratch. I dont get why it does not fit ryt even if i used the real skin itself?

Here are the skins:

Real:

Edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.