• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Non scripted Preloading of Custom Objects does not work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have quite a lot of objects for my TD.
Between towers, hero builders, balls, flying balls, giant balls, etc..

All with custom abilities. of course in game, every first time some of the objects were introduced in a game, there was this typical 0.5-1s "freeze" that is pretty annoying.

So what I did was place 1 of each different custom units / heroes on a specific zone of the map, for the computer player.(The one owning all attacking "creeps") I put all heroes at max level and made sure they learnt and activated all their abilities

Same for units (mostly towers), I made sure all their custom abilities were active
Then I placed a few dummy units with some of the main SFXs of the map as a model.

Then, after Map Init, I remove them all from the game.

The problem is that this does not work at all : many custom objects still create a brief freeze when they are first introduced into the game.

What is wrong with what I did ?

Level 12
But I already preload the SFX models on dummy units that have the model ...

No one would have a slight idea ?

I mean how do you people usually preload your files in your maps when it has many custom units / abilities ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.