• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

No pvp safe zone for certain units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
There are 5 islands, 4 players. Each player has a base on one island, the fifth island is a public market and a safe zone. How do i make it a safe zone while not using the Warcraft ally system? I dont want to make their bases and units outside of the safe zone island unable to harm each other, just the units in the safe zone island.

Level 12
You could make all the units there invulnerable. Something like

• Truce Start
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters <my region covering the neutral zone>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add ability Invulnerable to (Triggering Unit)
  • Truce End
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves <my region covering the neutral zone>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Removes ability Invulnerable from (Triggering Unit)
My only other idea if you are adamant about making them look like allied units is to have a dummy team for each player that gains control of their units. They'd be allied to each other and share control with only their matching player team so that the player can still use them. The triggers would look the same except you just switch ownership of the unit. However, I imagine there would be wonky bugs to work out. It would also not prevent players from manually attacking each other, so you might still want to make them invulnerable.

Level 7
You could make all the units there invulnerable. Something like

• Truce Start
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters <my region covering the neutral zone>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add ability Invulnerable to (Triggering Unit)
  • Truce End
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit leaves <my region covering the neutral zone>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Removes ability Invulnerable from (Triggering Unit)
My only other idea if you are adamant about making them look like allied units is to have a dummy team for each player that gains control of their units. They'd be allied to each other and share control with only their matching player team so that the player can still use them. The triggers would look the same except you just switch ownership of the unit. However, I imagine there would be wonky bugs to work out. It would also not prevent players from manually attacking each other, so you might still want to make them invulnerable.
Wise indeed, i will take up your first advice. You have my thanks.

Level 39
Alternate solution would be to cast a modified silence spell on any unit entering the zone, and remove the buff when units leave. Silence can be made to disable attacks and spells. With 0 duration it will be infinite. Only problem is resistant skin/spell immune units might not be affected. And something like a passive AoE damage aura would still damage enemies inside.

Level 11
There are 5 islands, 4 players. Each player has a base on one island, the fifth island is a public market and a safe zone. How do i make it a safe zone while not using the Warcraft ally system? I dont want to make their bases and units outside of the safe zone island unable to harm each other, just the units in the safe zone island.
Let me understand, you need a zone with creeps, but unable to be beaten by player? If so then add add dummy ability (let name it as "Lock Ability" for example)
Unit is attacked. -> If level of Lock Ability is greater than 0, then order casting unit cancel.
Unit starts an effect of ability -> If level of Lock Ability is greater than 0, then order attacking unit cancel.
Also with Pick unit in group just add condition Level of Lock ability for matching unit equal to 0
This way works if you use triggerring abilities.
You can also use item spell resistance (set spell redutction to 1.00) to be immune to any magic (except Esnare)

Level 39
Let me understand, you need a zone with creeps, but unable to be beaten by player? If so then add add dummy ability (let name it as "Lock Ability" for example)
Unit is attacked. -> If level of Lock Ability is greater than 0, then order casting unit cancel.
Unit starts an effect of ability -> If level of Lock Ability is greater than 0, then order attacking unit cancel.
Also with Pick unit in group just add condition Level of Lock ability for matching unit equal to 0
This way works if you use triggerring abilities.
You can also use item spell resistance (set spell redutction to 1.00) to be immune to any magic (except Esnare)
Has exactly the same problem with passive damage abilities (Phoenix fire, for example) or things that were already activated before entering the zone that my suggestion does. Except yours is marginally more work.

Level 7
Thanks guys, @SAUS how do i make units invulnerable if they are simply in the region or spawn there? And not actually crossing the borders to enter it?

Status
Not open for further replies.