• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How to make a damgaing zone where any1 exept that some player gets damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How to make a damgaing zone where any1 exept that some player gets damaged, is my question.

Example: Player 1-2-3 ( team 1 ) shall have a zone where they are safe ( their base ) and the other teams aswell but dont really know how to do it. I have tryed something like

events
Time - every 0.5 secounds of game time

Conditions
Owner of triggered unit is a enemy of player 1 red equal to true

But dont know how to make the action or maybe the other ones are wrong also plz help me.

Level 2
sry mate but did not understand how 2 make it I am a noob on triggers, the only triggers I have made is like spawning units and go in one portal and u appear on another place no hard stuffs, but that seemed hard for me can u explain it more exact, will give rep

Level 2
okey I fixed that one but... still I dont have anything that can do any damage on the players there I meant Unit - damage area or damage target, isen´t like a ticking damage spell that I want, surely you understand what I mean. how do I do the damage action ( or shall I use a like dummy 2 have a aura that damage them....

Level 7
Loop through all units (matching unit belongs to a player of the opposing team) in that region, then damage target. Damage area will damage all units indiscriminately, so you've got to use unit groups and damage target. Of course, if you don't care about giving exp for units dying from this, just use "Set Life of Unit".

Level 2
sry for being so slow at getting how to do it but

but I dont get the last thing u posted mate, (matching unit belongs to a player of the opposing team) in that region, where can I find this? condition? action? and in that case where in condition or action.

atm I got 1 event and 1 condition written down

events
Time - every 0.5 secounds of game time
Condition
Matching player is in (all enemies of player 1 (red)) equal to true
Action
it is here I dont know how to make the damage per secound thing or something like that plz explain good, because I am noob :p for Vegavak.... I want something dont know what that can damage all enemies of a certain player and not him or the friends like a safe zone on every hero arena or something like that

Level 12
How the hell do you guys understand what he's saying? Am I just too sleepy?

Could someone explain what he's asking help with?

Level 5
Ok first of all your condition is in the wrong place.

• Example Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (--Put your region here--)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ## damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (--Put your other region here--)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of Player (Red)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ## damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
Before making any complicated maps I highly recommend to just screw around in the GUI trigger editor and examine all the actions. Honestly, thats how I found out everything!

"off topic" and lol at Vegavak xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.