• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Night tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ordinary evening in a small town.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 349
Level 13
Thank you, Heinvers.
Yeah, work in progress. But i did not even think that pond looks empty.

Seeing as it's a WIP here are my thoughts about it:
1. First nice composition.
2. Seeing as it's night you could darken the atmosphere a bit and add stronger light sources where you need them
3. The pond would need 2 or 3 lily pads (I'm obsessed about those, so you can ignore this) or some flower petals.
4. Somehow that canopy on your right bugs the background a bit imo.
5. You could make that unit take up a bit more attention seeing as this is a tavern.

Level 14
I love the winding staircase up towards the lit up tower in the background. I don't know why, but that is the part that stood out the most to me. I really like the construction of the buildings and the details in the background with the arches.

I wish I had some constructive criticism, but I'm pretty impressed.

Level 10
as veritas im more drawn to the background, the composition of the tower is great, i want to see more of that!

the foreground seems to have some diffrences in scaling though, the person doesnt scale to the furniture or the door, and the lightning seems to be a bit off.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Apart from the villager that lord_Turin pointed out, the scaling and layout design is really coherent and well done. The fog is also done a lot better than in some of your earlier captures.

The waterplane conflicts too much with the foreground though ― I think you need to go grayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.