• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wolfhelm's RPG Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This is a map i was working on a while back. I really dont have much use for it so i thought i would share it with everyone. Here are some screenshots and you can also download it, if use it or parts of it in your own map give credit pls. And big thanks to xXm0RpH3usXx, he makes best building models.
165125-albums1316-picture9861.bmp

165125-albums1316-picture9860.bmp

165125-albums1316-picture9714.bmp

There is also a Inn, a Tavern, a Blacksmith, and a large Manor type building
and some terrain outside the town.
Yes you can walk in/out all building. No The town is not 100% complete.
Im just putting this out there for people to see/use.

Attachments

• Wolfhelm'sRPGtownV1.0.w3x
    767.5 KB · Views: 85
Level 17
Right off the bat I want to point out two things I'm sure you know about
1. Ashenvale Trees
2. Blizzard Cliffs

And then:
1. No detail around the village, and it's by the edge of the map, which makes it worse,
2. No fog as well. Fog makes things nice :D

Level 10
Right off the bat I want to point out two things I'm sure you know about
1. Ashenvale Trees
2. Blizzard Cliffs

And then:
1. No detail around the village, and it's by the edge of the map, which makes it worse,
2. No fog as well. Fog makes things nice :D

Yeah this is befor i knew about UTM and there nice tree models.
The cliffs you cant see in game, there just used to seperate town from rest of map.
There is no detail around town because the focus was spent on creating a town and i never got farther then that.
Also good fog is from UTM i just now starting to use that kinda stuff.

Level 10
BTW the pictures dont really do this terrain justice i suggest downloading and playing the map, thats part reason why i added map file to post.

Level 8
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

While others a busy finding fault for an obviously unfinished product, I think kudos should be given to you for the at least decent job for what you did.

I personally like Ashenvale trees, they work rather well for games - maybe not terrains as pretty pictures, but as in game trees they work very well.

Cliffs - Didn't notice them - cliffs are bad when that is all you have going on or as a main feature of the terrain. You limited the use and placed them in out of the way areas.

As a functioning map the ideas inside of it are great, well worth investigating and applying to similar maps.

I think too many people think of the terraining board as ONLY a place for pretty pictures. I think we often forget that functionality for game maps and prettification of picture maps are two different things.

Level 10
:) Thanks for the positive reply guys, I currently have no intention on finishing this map although if someone would like to use it they can. I would gladly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.