• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Night Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Wanted to create a nice sky terrain, so here it is:

Attachments

• Night Sky.png
    Night Sky.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,703
It's nice. I suspect its on another planet, because if it was on the planet earth I'd be watching an Aurora. :p
Some of the mountains are a bit sharp in the background, I suggest you softening them, It is sand after all. It'd be also nice if you could put some larger planets into the sky! :)
An the waves are all bad. Too strong for the rest of the water, they don't blend in, try using the custom waves and tint em. Will look a lot prettier. ^^

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
You ignore one of the terraining fundamentals. The sky does not blend at all well with the background - which in addition to making the scenery in general look a bit off, it makes the sky look slightly worse as well. And yes, as others pointed out, the glows around the lighthouse are really rough and jagged. Try to make that part slightly more realistic.

Keep it up.

Level 17
@Oziris dunno where you got the idea they were sand mountains lol, cuz they werent meant to be and ill do the wave thing

@fladder the not blending is because of the fog right? well the problem is that if i disable the fog the front is too dark and i cant use glow models to light up the front because they dont work on boundary...

I used the light from above doodad and 2 round glows on the lighthouse, not really my fault the light from above is jagged :/

EDIT: Wave doodads dont show up on boundary either -_-

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
@fladder the not blending is because of the fog right? well the problem is that if i disable the fog the front is too dark and i cant use glow models to light up the front because they dont work on boundary...
I was suggesting that you should use a different color for the fog, preferably alot darker.

I used the light from above doodad and 2 round glows on the lighthouse, not really my fault the light from above is jagged :/
Then use different means, experiment with some other light emitting objects, anything to make it seem more vivid.

Status
Not open for further replies.