• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Night Elf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello this is my first digital painting :) It has some mistakes in proportions but It is still quite interesting I think . Anyway I hope you will enjoy it :)

wzzdlfipna.jpg

Level 36
The hair looks too smudgy and blurry. You could sharpen it, and also adding some definition of the hairs.

Actually, the whole thing is pretty inconsistently blurry. The eyes and detailed features on the face are just right, but the hair is blurry and the ears are REALLY blurry, and they also look kinda blotchy. I guess the eyebrows could be a little more like this: \_ rather than this: \ (not exactly that angle because it looks like shit, but you get what I mean). Right now they don't look like they are attached to the face.

I also pointed out some anatomical issues in the pic below.

Note that these are just improvements, the picture in a whole is very nice.

Attachments

• nelf.jpg
    nelf.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 8,104
Nudl9

Yep and especially Female head anatomy is very hard because men"s face has more noticeable land marks . But the female face is almost soft and simple but also beautiful :) IF some small thing is wrong then it will ruin whole likeness :) Even Andrew Loomis suggests to learn face land marks from old ppl because they have very noticeable ones :)

NIGHT ELFS FTW ! :)

iclbauycsv.jpg

I ll add more facial features soon .
Oh and concept by Mighty Samwise

It is so hilarious that I spent way less time on this head than on the first 2d image and this is way too better :) And now I can turn it in different angles and just paint over and it will be like 2d painting :) or I can paint texture in Zbrush whatever :) I can even make it low poly but :) or I can use this head as texture :) Whoah ! 3D Rocks!

Last edited:
Yep there is a lot to do on this sculpt but a bit later :) The very base topology mesh was done in max but it could be done in every 3d app as well . Then it was brought to Zbrush but U can make sculpt in Mudbox as well :) The topology mesh is very simple and now I can sculpt different heads using same base mesh . My Female head had same base mesh .

to TDR : Of course it wont be as good as the base mesh but it also depends on rendering engine . I could get better results for example in max .

I was a bit bored with my English studies and decided to show you something cool :)
FIRST of all Do not wonder why the texture has some lines on it . IT is all because I did not do manual unwrap . What I did is just one button click automatic unwrap in Zbrush . IT works fine in max render but it wont work as fine in Wc Engine but it is not a problem I could make manual unwrap I just do not want to waste my time :) I am not making any models here . I just want to show you how u can use Zbrush to make ur Models .

So after I sculpted this head which took me about 5 hours , I just made Normal map with one button click . Here it is :
orejnaohys.jpg

It is hard to see anything since I used automatic tile unwrap method but normally you could unwrap it so that you will be able to see it and u will be able to edit it and use as your base for the texture . For this particular case I just made another layer filled purple colour in soft light mode and got this :
gntiqgrnxw.jpg

It is so funny . U can get different results with different levels :)

I have showed to you the base mesh in previous post but let me do it again but with cage :

fdkmuzbtws.jpg

482 polys .

Here is SAME mesh but with texture :
gavnyapuwm.jpg

Cool huh ? This is only normal map and simple colour ! (rendered in max)

Here is render in Wc3 engine :

gojnjlrylj.jpg

As you can see there are some lines because of the automatic unwrap , but if u make normal unwrap there wont be any lines visible :) So IGNORE THE LINES !!!

Finally I would like to add that this was just a presentation of normal maps power and intro to one part of the next generation character pipline :) I am not encourage anyone here to use this technique but just want you to know more about game dev :)

The base model is around 2 000 000 polys and the low poly is exactly 482 polys
Although so detailed face is pointless in WC but you could use it as portrait for example :) The making time is almost same I think . Some ppl make fully rendered models in four days !

P.S. I have also included the head in MDX format so u could play with it :) The poly count is 482 polys

Attachments

• NightElftest.rar
    150.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hello this is my first digital painting :) It has some mistakes in proportions but It is still quite interesting I think . Anyway I hope you will enjoy it :)

wzzdlfipna.jpg

Could use some work here and there, as many have said before me.

NIGHT ELFS FTW ! :)

iclbauycsv.jpg

I ll add more facial features soon .
Oh and concept by Mighty Samwise

It is so hilarious that I spent way less time on this head than on the first 2d image and this is way too better :) And now I can turn it in different angles and just paint over and it will be like 2d painting :) or I can paint texture in Zbrush whatever :) I can even make it low poly but :) or I can use this head as texture :) Whoah ! 3D Rocks!

Nice! This is very well done, but the hair looks really unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.