• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Next modelling contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Idk if this is fine, but...
Modelling contest #21 - upgrade
The contestant must create an upgrade version of native wc3's model, either is adding particle emmiter, ribbon, or even, geomerge
Rules:
  1. no simple geomerge, nor uv map
  2. emmiter, ribbon or any particle creator must fit with the model

Level 26
152290-albums4816-picture47657.jpg

Level 18
Other Modeling Contest Theme Suggestions.

Before we begin, Let's list out all the themes used in the previous Modeling Contest;
01) Attachment Pack
02) Creep Hero
03) Citadel
04) Mech/Robot
05) Neutral Structure
06) Halloween-style Unit/Doodad
07) Siege Weapon
08) Cavalry
09) Flying Unit
10) Elemental
11) Chimera
12) Female
13) Building
14) Morphing Unit
15) Colossus
16) Tank
17) Air Unit
18) Aberration
19) Water Unit
20) Campaign Screen

Now,here are some themes I came up with;
Theme #1) 'Spellcaster'
This theme focuses on making a model suitable for the role of a mage/magician/wizard/etc.

Theme #2) 'Ancient/Treant'
This theme focuses on making models suitable to be categorize as Ancient/Treant.

Theme #3) 'Demi-Human'
This theme focuses on making models with half-human half-animal/machine characteristic (example: Centaur, Medusa, etc).

Theme #4) [Previous Theme] II
The meaning here is a previous theme re-run for the second time (example: Female II, Citadel II, Cavalry II, etc).

Level 17
so no scratch mesh, but no 'simple' geomerging either. so.... what constitutes 'well done' geomerging?
placement of them, good looking, fitting theme with the model it self (a night elven archer wont wear an armor of footman, that doesn't make any sense)
A remapping of the placed geo merge,
And also full geo merge of the normal unit of the model it self is a good point, like geo merge all the parts from grunt in single player campaign (roc) to the normal grunt, remodfiying of the normal wc3's native unit never exsisted before, so i think this is a good theme, but, since this theme is lacking of originality, i afraid that this will be rejected
But i gains motivation cuz the last mini spell and system has almost the same theme that also lack of originality (cnp idea from the other game, and no offense to the moderators..)

Status
Not open for further replies.