• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attachment Modelling Contest [Approved for next modeling mini]

Is this submission a good idea.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
the%20hive%20workshop.png

competition.png
number.png

Attachment Modeling Contest

• Make 5-7 sperate attachment models for the specific unit.
    • Each model must be a different attachment. point. ie helmet, weapon, shield, shoulder plate, chest plate would be 5 acceptable attachments.
    • All models must fit a specific theme. ie orc, leather, winter. all these are just examples.
  • units would be allow any wc3 original unit. But you can also edit out weapons and such from the original model AS LONG AS you dont edit the actual organic parts of the unit such as arms legs chest head.
  • cannot break site rules
  • No max poly count.
1046304278.jpg

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the model submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
prizes.png

• First Place: X reputation points and a special award icon

• [*]Second Place: Y reputation points

[*]Third Place: Z reputation points

judges.png

• ~Open~
  • ~Open~
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Theme[c]The attachments all have a similar theme and matches the unit the set is for. So making a magic staff and then steel armor while having a rangers cloak would give low points in this category[c]/10/40[r]
Texture Use[c]Description[c]/Point Value[r]
Model Quality[c]Description[c]/Point Value[r]
Criterion[c]Description[c]/Point Value
THESE ARE NOT SET. I need ideas to what they could be since i am not a modeller.

• 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
entries.png

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.
Entry NameContestant Name

[r]Entry Name[c]Contestant Name
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on Undecided and conclude on Undecided, GMT
Unoffical Contestants:
chilla_killa
gyrosphinx
forgotten_warlord
tee.dubs
DonDustin
Debode
ACdestinydream
wherewolfthewolf
teaspoon
MAYBE
communist_orc

Last edited:
Level 18
This obviously lacks the official contest submission form. Edit your first post to the proper form or you'll won't even have a chance of getting this approved.
Other then that, I think this should be a pack-version for a normal modeling contest instead of a contest of it's own. And therefor, you should post it in the idea's for the theme in the next modeling contest thread as soon as 1 is made, which will ofcourse happen after the current modeling contest is over.

I think animation should be bonus ^^
e.g. my shattered axe has animations XD
But anyways I'm in!

I would suggest making it an attachment set competition though :)
In game textures are fine with me, but I do like other textures as well, how about if its not in game texture it has to be under a certain file size?

list of common attachment points:

hand left
hand right
chest
head
origin
foot right
foot left
overhead
weapon

Not all models will have these attachment points and some may have more.

Level 15
128 polies max.
Custom texture 128x128 max.
The same like last time. Only the weapons'll be like really high definition compared to last time... I remember how my footy's sword only used 3 polies.

If this is the case then why is a poly limit even needed? 128 is enough to get some kind of detail in, but in the end theres just gonna be plain swords, axes and shields entered, because the bigger ideas are withheld by a poly limit. The vertex arrangement is part of the mesh criteria anyway, i'm just saying that a lot more could be achieved if the poly limit was lifted. The theme here is attachment modeling anyway, not 128 poly cap like last time. But that's just me.

Level 15
i can't imagine why it wouldn't, its an original and fun concept. though 5 models is a little too many as well, may i suggest 3 at a minimum? its hard to find 5 different attachments for 1 model all in one theme, say for most units you'll get a weapon, a shield (or second weapon), a helmet and armour, unless SFX are included as an attachment type. That'd also probably take very long for each contestant to make, i presume, considering its a completely new model each time, as model edits kinda defeat the purpose unless they're really well done. Anywho, sorry for being such a picky bean.

Status
Not open for further replies.