• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

New Xillu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

(I will not ask for approval to show these now so i'm going to be smart and show them anyway)

Hello there! Not a small time since my last post right? You remember the Xillus? The unfinished lore series? I've remade the race into something different. The shape is the same but their style and color is different now.

I'm going to show you some pictures of some units i where to make for a Warcraft 3 campaign. The Frau Prospet. (I've made my own names and "Prospet" is like a kingdom)

Frau Labourer.png Frau Labourer
The usual worker unit. Not much to add.

Frau Warrior.png Frau Warrior
Claws are very popular in the Frau Prospet. Besides it's easier to draw for me.

Frau Hornex Slinger.png Frau Hornex Slinger
Now a "Hornex" is a fictional ranged weapon that tosses spheres of energy with the help of the wielder. I'm not as stupid as some think.

Frau Elemoern.png Frau Elemoern
A Elemoern is someone who can control elements and alter little of the soul on anyone. Don't know what Morna is? I see it as future magic. (I'm used by making my own powers)

The other one's i made are heroes and won't be shown here because i maybe will make the campaign someday of what i think. These images and the campaign itself weren't the first to spawn this version of the Xillu. It where supposed to be a new lore series i where to have on DeviantArt. I'll possibly finish it too one day.

So any thoughts about these new Xillus?

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Is no one here looking on the Idea Factory? Or am I that un-popular?

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

A theme change won't be a problem. This can work with enough effort and resources.

Well, I am telling you that you could make an actual franchise if you're creative and want to create those cute 2D things. Warcraft 3 maps don't look particularly good on resumes. Actually, nobody cares about them. Pouring a bunch of effort and resources into a wc3 map, when you could do better is a waste of time, honestly.

You could try to get people to help you make a game around your graphics and creative ideas. Or you could try to get people to make a wc3 map with you, which will earn you nothing and block you, and slow you down, in almost every way.

I know this sounds like a stupid thing to post on a wc3 site, but it is obvious that this kind of a graphic approach and idea is just not something that'll be good on wc3, but it will be good as a 2D standalone game.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Well, I am telling you that you could make an actual franchise if you're creative and want to create those cute 2D things. Warcraft 3 maps don't look particularly good on resumes. Actually, nobody cares about them. Pouring a bunch of effort and resources into a wc3 map, when you could do better is a waste of time, honestly.

You could try to get people to help you make a game around your graphics and creative ideas. Or you could try to get people to make a wc3 map with you, which will earn you nothing and block you, and slow you down, in almost every way.

I know this sounds like a stupid thing to post on a wc3 site, but it is obvious that this kind of a graphic approach and idea is just not something that'll be good on wc3, but it will be good as a 2D standalone game.

Perhaps you're right. But maybe instead of a game, I should try to continue that lore series.

Seem's like you weren't a soul crusher after all.

Well, you should probably do as much lore as you can when you're inspired to do so, and think about converting it to some kind of a franchise. Be it a web comic, be it a game, whatever. Just don't pour your soul into a medium that is inadequate for it, which wc3 is. Instead, share it with as many people as you can, in a medium that people actually want.

If you had some random idea for a medieval rpg with swords and monsters, I wouldn't be saying this. But it's clear your idea is way more specific and more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.