• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Troll Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
:infl_thumbs_up:

I'm trying to get rolling on a project that i've been brainstorming for the last year or so. Any help finding/using free modeling and animation software would be really helpful for me. I have already begun coding a few of the new units and abilities.

Here's a quick overview of what I hope to have achieved when they're all finished:

Human Undertaker - Cunning hero, summons crows, creates tough iron fences which can be used to protect vulnerable buildings/units or box-in enemies, and passively turns undead. His ultimate spell buries units alive to create invulnerable tombstones which generate a debuffing aura. Travels on foot, fights with a shovel, carries a lantern.

Undead Prefect - Mystical hero, adept at assaulting enemy positions. He casts a long-lasting debuff which doubles the target's aggro range, called "Bounty". "Arrows of greed" steal gold from an opponent via the targets they hit. He generates an aura which interferes with spellcasting, and as an ultimate ability he summons battering rams and cavalry units to assist his siege attempts.

Night Elf Wildstalker - This name can be appropriately interpreted as "Wild-stalker" or "Wilds-talker" because she can charm beast creeps and summons, and also has a CatForm ability whereby she can move undetected and deliver devastating critical hits. She has an auto-cast replenishment ability which restores HP and Mana over time. For an ultimate ability, she summons a terrifying and powerful new treant building which can turn the tide of battle with its thorns aura, auto-cast entangling roots, devour, and fortified armor. Like the other Ancients, this building may uproot and walk on land, and eat trees to replenish its hit points.

Orc Gladiator - This is the quintessential strength-based Orc hero whom we have yet to see in Warcraft 3. He has a warcry which buffs nearby friendlies. He has a passive ability called "Stupefying blows" which has a chance of silencing the Gladiator's target. He can daze opponents in a small AOE called "Throw Dirt". Ultimate ability allows the Gladiator to deliver massive siege damage with his melee weapons. I call this "Bring Down the House"

Neutral Heroes:

Forest Troll Bounty Hunter - Cunning Hero. Passive bonus allows him to purchase items and hire goblins/mercenaries at a lower cost than normal. He can leave traps and mines on the battlefield. He creates a mechanical "Paddy Wagon" which captures enemy units and kills them after a period of time, yielding gold unto your coffers in addition to experience for the hero.

Satyr Felwizard - Mystical Hero. This unpleasant fellow summons mutliple imps which can be commanded to auto-cast weak elemental bolts at enemy units. He has a powerful DOT called "Corruption", and Generates an aura which draws mana from nearby units and delivers it to the Felwizard. For his ultimate ability, he conjures a cloud of the demonic essence Fel which rains upon enemies, dealing damage over time to living/mechanical units and raising/healing the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.