• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hey all, new mapmaker here ^^

Anyone interested in this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all, Well, to introduce myself my name is Nick AKA rowan1211; call me rowan, ro, whatever you want. I'm working on a map right now, ive made a few warhammer maps but they never got anywhere because i could never get people to host them... all the people who would join couldn't host. DX.
Right now im facing difficulties hosting myself, i need to talk to my dad and have him reforward our ports on our router config menu; which he has been too busy to do.

I'm currently debugging and balancing the orc players and the dragon in the map im working on; and figuring out new abilities, upgradable units, etc etc. When the time comes, ill be looking for skilled medieval terrainers that i can trust with the map, i'll put it up here or email it to you; and then we can get some terrain on this epic sized map. Credit will go to you all, and then i can launch a beta version of this map on the website ^^- I may also put it on epicwar.com just for popularities sake. Who knows, we could have the next dota on our hands.

Current issues I'm facing-
Gameplay realism with dragons and orcs
Mental block of some abilities for both.
what the max level cap should be
balancing issues, should the dragon be strong enough to stand a chance against 11 orc players, and if he is will he annihilate less than a fullhouse of orcs? just some things for me to think about. I need to nerf his fire abliities, currently it pretty much oneshots all of the orcs units... except for the heros. Although, the dragon is pretty weak when he runs out of mana, and at the beginning he has about 700 mana. He levels up pretty slow, which is a plus, because if he leveled up too quickly he'd get really rigged and fuck the orcs up. *he starts off as level 20*
He has a very slow attack speed. A 2.5 second base cooldown, with 1 agility at level 1 and no agility gained throughout the entire game. I have yet to change the console and make lumber 'nutrients', for every kill the dragon gets he gains 1 lumber which he can spend on baby dragons, dragon eggs, or if he saves up a LOT of lumber, he could get a sobi mask and become unstoppable. (2000 lumber)

I've been testing it 1v1 via lan with my brother and my cousin, and they both said they hate it when the dragon breaths fire all over their orcs and kills them, but once he runs out of fire, he is very weak. So im wondering, should the dragon have less mana? or a bigger cooldown on his fire abilities. One of the abilities is based off cluster rockets, witha little bit more damage and different art. The other one *was* going to be breath of fire, but i faced too many bugs with getting the fire to actually do damage without a drunken haze stacked; so now it uses a shockwave ability.

((wow im really ranting arent i))

I'm pretty excited about this project, once i get all the minute flaws worked out I'll ask for some terrainers on here, hopefully we can get the project done within a few weeks. Well, i guess thats it. My names Rowan, aka Nick / Ro. Nice to meet you all, and I look forwards to your support ^^

Level 6
For the "Breath of Fire": To counteract the abuse of that spell, you should make so the dragon hurts itself everytime it uses it. Just as it was with real dragons.
I'm new but fastlearned so if you would like to make the whole or a part of the terrain I'd like to help you with it if you told me a little bit more about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.