• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] New to WE. Few random questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If you have a link to a tutorial that answers my questions rather than typing the answers, that is also greatly appreciated.

1. Every time I test my map, at the beginning it says Victory! (Continue Game/Quit Game). It also says WorldEdit was victorious. Right now I only have players Red, Blue, and Pink on the map. I am red, and blue/pink are enemies. Shouldn’t the game only end when I kill them? How do I fix this?

2. Currently I can select a starting location for a player, and it automatically puts in a “Keep” for that colored player... I don’t want the Keep to be there. How do I set up a starting location with a unit (like a hero or a peasant)?
For example, the first game my friend and I plan to make is a survival crafting game. I want each player to start with a peasant (or a simple unit) with an inventory.

3. How do I make trees provide wood, but also be indestructible. (Or how can I make a tree provide infinite wood?)
I want my trees to be permanent barriers on this specific map.

4. How do I edit the stats an item provides? For example, Claws of Attack +15 gives +15 attack damage. What if I want to change that to +250?
I’ve gone into the Object Editor, found CoA+15 and under abilities, I can Add Edit or Delete an ability. If I choose edit, I can make it give anywhere from +1 to +20 damage, but what about +250? What if I also want the same item to give (for example) +500% attack speed?

I expect this to be a harder question... Probably uses triggers which I haven’t done before.

5. How do I set up a combine/recipe system for my crafting game? For example, I imagine there would be a “Craft” button at the bottom right side (where the default “Attack” “Move” “Hold Position” and “Patrol” buttons are for each unit). Assuming I had the right items for a recipe, those items would disappear, and the new combined item would appear in the unit’s inventory. (3 different items = 1 new item).

Thank you.

Level 23
First: Remove the melee initialization trigger

Second: Remove the melee initialization trigger, you have to trigger what each player gets created at their respective starting zones tho

Third: give them a couple thousand health, 1 life = 1 wood provided.

Fourth: You have to go and edit the ability itself. You can even create new ones(control copy, control insert, then rename it if you wish, and change how much damage it provides), then add it to your claws(you seem to already know how to do that)

Fifth: There are some item recipe systems here on hive. You can trigger one too if you need to make it more customizable, like the combine ability on unit

Level 21
Actually it isn't just 5, the first two also are triggers and wouldn't really be surprised if someone would make 3 triggered too.

1. It is because of hard coded victory condition trigger. Without any buildings a side automatically losses. Also by default maps start with only red player turned on so without any other slot Red wins. Go to Scenario - Player properties and set open slots. You'll probably need to remove all melee triggers since you won't need them for custom map.

*Bonus - to test map under different name go to "File - Preference - Test Map" and there you can set it to test map under your own name.

2. Pure trigger issue. By default "Create starting units" melee trigger always make main building and workers so you'll definitely want to turn it off. You can directly place on the map peasant (or any unit) you wish players to start with.

3. Set HP of a tree to 9999999. Workers deal 1 damage per hit so while it is possible to eventually kill it, it won't happen any time soon. Alternatively trigger that trees get their hp restored periodically but I think that isn't necessary.

4. Well seems you already know that question. Nothing stops you from setting bonus from 0 to 9999999. If you press shift you can set it to negative too. Just remember if you make new ability to add that ability to the item.

5. Yes definitely uses triggers, I honestly suggest to get item system from spell section (preferable GUI). I honestly don't know how to make that system.

Final Opinion: Always remove Melee triggers.

Level 3
4. Well seems you already know that question. Nothing stops you from setting bonus from 0 to 9999999. If you press shift you can set it to negative too. Just remember if you make new ability to add that ability to the item.

There are default options to change attack damage between 1-10, 15, and 20. (I think that's all of them). However, I don't see anything that allows me to change it specifically above 20 (say +250 or +50,000 or whatever). So I still need help with Question 4.

Thank you both for quick replies!!

Level 12
attachment.php

Find the ability you need. Make a copy of it. Change this data field to whatever damage you need. Make a copy of the item. Apply the ability to it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Step 1.jpg
    Step 1.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 113
  • Step 2.jpg
    Step 2.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 112
Level 3

Fifth: There are some item recipe systems here on hive. You can trigger one too if you need to make it more customizable, like the combine ability on unit

Any links to those recipe systems?

I don't know how to do my own triggers yet, so a link would be easier.
The only thing I should need is the ability to combine 2, 3 or maybe 4 different items into one. For example, for my crafting game I might do 3 sticks + sharpened stone = spear.

Status
Not open for further replies.