• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NeoSteam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In this thread I'll show some screens from my project, named NeoSteam.
First pic is an arena beyond the clouds.
Second pic is an island arena.
:cute:
Other screens I'll upload later.

Attachments

• NeoSteamOf1.jpg
    NeoSteamOf1.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 1,160
  • NeoSteamOf2.jpg
    NeoSteamOf2.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 1,242
Last edited:
Nice, looks pretty awesome - kinda reminds me of something like bomberman or something from a DS puzzle game - it almost has a cartoonish look to it.

My only real complain is the grass growing next to the walls - it's a floating metal arena without a trace of soil or any way for seeds to get to it, so they make little sense (though this is probably part of the model so not really your fault).

How do you play the game it's for?

Level 19
It looks awesome. Though the floor looks kind of empty. How about placing some flooring doodads, that look like lattice? Just like in Keiji's WreckCove Harbor (attached)? Also, I would add some Wc3 pipes, just to tint it up a little. In my opinion, the grass should be kept. It creates that overgrown post apocalyptic feeling which looks really good.

Attachments

• Harbor 3.jpg
    Harbor 3.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 152
It looks awesome. Though the floor looks kind of empty. How about placing some flooring doodads, that look like lattice? Just like in Keiji's WreckCove Harbor (attached)? Also, I would add some Wc3 pipes, just to tint it up a little. In my opinion, the grass should be kept. It creates that overgrown post apocalyptic feeling which looks really good.

Well one difference I'd see is the desired style - Keiji is going for something intensely realistic - from the style of this terrain it seems more like it's styling itself after like a cartoony sort of 2d game - it's the whole floating square maze platform with tons of gears incorporated seems like it's going more for more of a whimsical thing.

Level 36
I love me some steampunk. The models are really cool. The only thing I'd suggest is to put some stuff around the side instead of just having it fall off into nothingness. Even just putting a bunch of cogs and machinery fading downward into the fog would make it look stunning, and it'd take hardly any effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.