• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

NeoDex 2.7 Wc3 Modeling Kit for 3dsmax & GMAX

It exports animations perfectly, but you must know wtf you are doing to get them done. Like assigning correct controllers and adding Start and End Keys.

The Skin modifier, is a modifier used to link the vertices to the bones. The problem of this modifier is that all vertices must be weightened correctly.

My tutorial shows and prove how can NeoDex be correctly used for animating: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f282/depth-animation-tutorial-3ds-max-123520/

Update! New Version:

Version .76:

• -Fixed the Bezier Controller exporting for position, scale and visibility (parameters later) and it now produces accurate results.
  • -Added support for the Smooth Rotation Controller.
  • -Improved Extents calculation.
  • -Added 2 new Tools: The IK Snapper and the Key Reducer.
  • -Fixed some bugs and issues with VA Converter.
Look at the first page to get it now.

I think that the key feutures in this version were the IK Snapper and support for Smooth_Rotation controller. You are no longer limited to only Linear Rotations.

hmm, how about you try something simple.

*Make a box add unwrap, then export. If okay then:

*Add a material to the box then export. If okay then:

*Add a bone and a Skin modifier to the box then export. If okay then:

*Add a second bone and assign half of the box vertices to it, then export. If okay then:

*Add anim tags and Animate; both bones' controllers: all linear, then export. If okay then:

*Set controllers to position:Bezier, rotation:Smooth_Rotation, Scale:Bezier, then export. If okay then:

Look into your models.

This process is to help you find the error and if Dex has an error with max 2010 then I will identify it. Also, in my tutorial I left a scene called Tutorial_Fixed, export that file.

GOOD FUCKING NEWS PEOPLE!!!

After 1000 tries, failed ideas, bad results and much pain(truely much pain); I came up with a code to export TCB ROTATIONS!(I actually found it in a russion site. It was presented by Autodesk itself, xD) This means that: NeoDex will export smooth animations perfectly from now on. In other words, You will no longer need to use linear rotation or uncontrolable smooth_rotation. Until now I have tested the code in regular and irregular intervals. I'm sure that It'll work with any tension, continuity, bias value I set. Only one thing isn't supported: Eases. However, who uses them XD ?

Expect a new version between tommorow and next week.

EDIT: Further testing has brought possitive results. My tutorial model has been exported perfectly. I have included the model.

Attachments

• Test.mdl
    129.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Awesome news BlinkBoy :D
I hope you make biped support for your IK snapper soon. :)

bipeds can be converted with 3dsmaxy's IK 2 FK converter (version 1.5 suggested for newer versions of 3dsmax)

I may, however, make a new tool for baking objects so not only bipeds be convertable, but any system.

Level 25

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

Attachments

• Sexy_NewInterface.jpg
    Sexy_NewInterface.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
Level 21
Hello.

First, thanks for this script, cause it is probably a genious work ^^

I want to use 3DSMax 2010 for W3 models.

Probleme is, after unpacking your files, when I want to run the installer script, I got this error:

attachment.php

What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

jk2pach/Apocalypse

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 692
In 3 text files there isnt anything related to macroscripts how i see....

This is the part you must be looking for:

2º Extract the script in the ui/macroscripts folder to
[3dsmax main directory]/ui/macroscripts.

do that before running 3dsmax.

also remember that 3dsmax main directory is the one in which you have 3dsmax installed, not the one where you have your scenes, maps, previews, etc.

Level 7
Hey I got 2 problems with this.
1) It only exports a certain part of my model
2) When I try to use the GRAB program after I copy it to listener it just gives me a blank document. When I try running it as administrator( I got Vista) it crashes.

Hey I got 2 problems with this.
1) It only exports a certain part of my model
2) When I try to use the GRAB program after I copy it to listener it just gives me a blank document. When I try running it as administrator( I got Vista) it crashes.

1º Read all the first post, also read magos tutorial and Art Tools Documentation. You may find out what you are doing wrong.

2ºThe grab tool has a limited amount of memory which it can grab, if you exported more than that limit, it will crash and so on, you'll need to copy the mdl by hand.

Level 7
Well I got my 1st problem, but the 2nd one is still not fixed. The model I tested to try and grab was too small for it to run out of memory.

I tried this again, still the same problem, even with MAX 9 even the kid does not export correctly

so sad

T.

I told you that you had to remake the skin modifier like in my tutorial.

Hm, not sure, but we cant use mirror bones while making model for wc3 ? I think I seen this in one tutorial.

Nope, currently mirroring isn't supported.