• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need timed life trigger help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making trigger for Boss in my map so it can gain/regen life (for example 5000 assumming 5% of his HP is 5000) in every 5 seconds..i tried to use my own trigger but it just heal him back to full hp

Regen
Events
Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Set life of Triggering Unit to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + 5000.00)
Set TempPoint = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)

i hope someone can help me to correct them!

Level 24
I think he wants to do it when the boss is only out of combat...
However where does (Triggering unit) come from?
"Every 5 seconds of gametime" has no triggering unit. Either this is null or it is a random unit.

I dont really know exacly what that GDD_Event is (I thought that it was about the damage detection system but I dont know what it does.)
Maybe you should have that in the conditions section.
Condition - Real comparison -> GDD_Event is equal to 0.00
Will take a look at what it does if you can send me the link to the resource.

Level 6
Is it a timer while you are fighting (like hard mode) or do you want his life to get full when he is out of combat (like if your heros get his ass kicked hard) ?

in the first case it's pretty easy, as squiggy said you can just have a DUMMY somewhere and add/remove unholy aura.

in the second case it's a bit different. is your hero able to escape the fight or does he have to die (like in an arena) ? if he can escape then you probably have to use a [region event] (a line to pass and then the boss will reset and regain his life). if you heros is in an arena its even more simple as you can just set the trigger [a unit dies]

Status
Not open for further replies.