• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Need some help with ma trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm kinda new to this whole triggering thing and I've been really stuck in a weird problem so I came here looking for help. This here below is supposed to be a skill that when activated absorbs all damage taken for 10 seconds, then releases it all shooting spikes at enemies in 450 AoE dealing the amount of damage absorbed. For some stupid and possibly simple reason I cant get it to only damage enemies, it does damage to myself aswell. Would appreciate some help :vw_sad:
P.S. I know it leaks and stuff, but I wanna get it working properly before fixing that kind of stuff.

Trigger 1 initially on

• Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
  • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Nerub Shield ) Equal to True
  • Set NeShield_Unit = GDD_DamagedUnit
  • Set NeShield_Dmg = (NeShield_Dmg + (Integer(GDD_Damage)))
  • Unit - Set life of NeShield_Unit to ((Life of NeShield_Unit) + GDD_Damage)
  • Trigger - Turn on Nerub Shield Dummy <gen>

Trigger 2 initially off

• Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
  • (NeShield_Unit has buff Nerub Shield ) Equal to False
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Nerub Shield) for (Owner of NeShield_Unit) at (Position of NeShield_Unit) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add a 1.20 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Fan of Knives (Nerub Shield) to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger 3 initially on

• Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
  • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Dummy (Nerub Shield)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of (Position of NeShield_Unit) matching ((((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of NeShield_Unit)) Equal to True) and ((((Picked unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False) and ((((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((Pi and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause NeShield_Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(NeShield_Dmg)) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal
  • Set NeShield_Dmg = 0
  • Set NeShield_Unit = No unit

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.