• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Triggering Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey!

I got following abilities that I would like help with for my RPG map, if you could help me out, I'd be more than happy:

1) I want to make a trigger that causes feedback to add mana to the hero when he attacks WITH feedback on him. For instance, the feedback ability is not learned at level 1, therefor the trigger should not work yet.

2) A "charge" ability. I want storm bolt to throw an axe at target stunning it. No problem. But I then want to deal damage to all surrounding ENEMIES of and at the casting unit. Then move the casting unit to the target unit of ability being cast and again deal AoE damage to enemies around the enemy unit of ability being cast.

3) A mana drain ability. I want the hero to gain mana over time, when casting a specific spell on the enemy target.

4) An item that gives life on hit. I want to make this item, so when it is carried by player 1, his attacks deals -damage to himself, healing him ofcause. But only for player 1 hero.
Just wandering if you had any smart way of avoiding making triggers like...
Player 1 pick up Life on Hit Item1
Player 1 attacks enemy item1
Player 1 ability life on hit item1
Player 2 pick up life on hit item1
bla .. bla.. bla...
We are 10 players, and there is going to be more than just 1 life on hit item.
Any suggestions for a smart "all in one" trigger?

All) Remember, in this map, there are multiple heroes that may have the same abilities. So please avoid leaks of multiple player functions.

That was just 3 short abilities I would like help with, because I am still a newb at this ability triggering, I keep failing ^^.

Thank you for reading.
-Alex

Level 18
1) There is a default Warcraft 3 ability for Feedback. If you do not want a player to be able to drain mana at level 1, all you need to change is the level requirement for learning the ability in Object Editor.

2) Your second requested spell is similar to this spell: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-177890/?prev=search=jump&r=20&d=list&page=2, except for the fact that the spell is a leap.

3)So, by "mana drain ability" you meant an ability, such as Shadow Strike, that is casted upon an enemy and drains the enemy's mana over time, as well as transferring the drained mana to the caster?

4)If the spell involves damage, I suggest getting a damage detection system because the system is much safer than the event A unit Is attacked.

P.S. I cannot help you code these spells. Also, if you are in need of someone to code spells for you, head over to either Mr. Bean's workshop or rulerofiron88's. These users have helped many Hivers.

Last edited:
Level 8
1) There is a default Warcraft 3 ability for Feedback. If you do not want a player to be able to drain mana at level 1, all you need to change is the level requirement for learning the ability in Object Editor.

2) Your second requested spell is similar to this spell: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-177890/?prev=search=jump&r=20&d=list&page=2, except for the fact that the spell is a leap.

3)So, by "mana drain ability" you meant an ability, such as Shadow Strike, that is casted upon an enemy and drains the enemy's mana over time, as well as transferring the drained mana to the caster?

4)If the spell involves damage, I suggest getting a damage detection system because the system is much safer than the even A unit Is attacked.

P.S. I cannot help you code these spells.

I am already using Feedback. But Feedback doesn't steal mana to the attacker.
And yes, like that with the mana drain ability. But nevermind about that. I will just do the mana drain ability instead. No need to make it too complicated to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.