• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with skinning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I regret having to do this, but I've been trying to create models using the skins on this website. I downloaded Warcraft III Model Editor and installed the patch to use it. I openned the Spellbreaker unit from the MPQ to re-skin it with the Deathbreaker skin. It looks so simple as I went into Texture Manager and added the Deathbreaker skin. Then I went into Material Manager and wherever I found the Spellbreaker blp texture being used I switched with the Deathbreaker skin. But when I try to save the file it refuses to save, creating an error.
Another time when I tried again I presaved the file then I switched the textures. It saved then, but when I tried to re-open it it refused to open it, creating an error as well.
I don't know how to path the Deathbreaker skin as it is greyed out, this may be the error. If any of you know what all I'm doing wrong can you please correct the errors or post a link to a good place in learning how to skin a model using a third party skin. I'd appreciate any help.

Okay, first, if you're going to be using other user's textures for your model, you need to ask them for permission. Secondly, this more of a modeling problem than skinning.

Make sure that the skin you're using is in the appropriate location. The file must abide the designated path, it wont magically track the file. Also, be sure you are giving the model the proper file-type.

Good luck resolving your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.