• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with moddels for unique rpg map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I'm making a new, quite unique rpg map, but even though im fairly skilled at making maps I don't know a thing about modeling.
So i need help making these models.

All character models have gloves, boots pants, and are shirtless or have a shirt, top for ladies. Also all models hairs must go down because of helmet. So they don't have any other armor and don't have weapons attached to them.

Human female, Orc female, Elf male, Elf female, Tauren female (remember head attachment point for tauren), Dwarf female, Undead male, Undead female, Gnome male, Gnome female, Troll male, Troll female.

Also i need some weapons (mostly fist weapons, rifles, bows/crossbows, staffs, wands. Some throwing weapons and axes, a few polearms and shields). Also lots of cloth, leather, mail and plate body armor and a few leather and cloth helmets and some capes.

PS: Sorry for not mentioning this before. All the character models must have animations (die, attack, spell cast, walk and birt).

Some units for the instances.

If some modelers can help me with this i say :infl_thumbs_up: and thanks
A LOT!!

Last edited:
Level 4
no one will make you these models:
- you have 1 post and just registered on the site
- you have no progress done (you don't need models to make a map)
- models would enlarge your rpg map over the 4 mb limit most likely
- models take a lot of time to make, especially character ones

what makes your rpg unique then?

Level 3
I have already begun on the terrain and the unique with this rpg is that you can in addition to go into many choosable instances with quests tied to them, you can learn skills from your class master, you can battle pvp by entering an arena, either free for all style (1-6) or alterac valley style.
and all equipment will be vissible when carried. Pluss you have a 5 spaced equipment inventory, pluss a much larger item inventory.

And I'm only new to this site, I've made two maps already that I've sent in on the filefront site and I'm soon sending in a third, maby on this site.

Level 6
wow glad i found this before i created a new thread because me and my friend need a few unarmed models for a rpg were doing for a group of friends so i do hope they get done :wink:

Level 3
If you get some of the models i need can you send them to me, my mail is chris at grubstad dot com

Level 7
i found a thread a while back, that said to mod the models to remove what you dont want, so far ive done that to the night-elf runner model, i removed the scroll/paper in her hand, its the only one ive done but ill be using it for my rpg, if u would like to use it ill send it to u.

Level 3
No thanks i won't have it because it can't be equiped shoulders or armour to.
But thanks anyway

Level 6
ok. any one think they could do the gnomes as i need them very soon if you can only do one its ok but i prefer a male one thanks in advance:thumbs_up:

Level 7
ill try on getting the armor pieces and such alone by itself -- also i have some files that are attachments that i got from someone, i forgot where he said he got them from but ill put them up for dl somewhere and sendem if u two wish -- theirs armor models, weapon models, wing/cloak models [think he said something bout the models that look like wings was used as cloaks for something he did or i unno] and some other models --- i havent taken a look at them so i unno exactly whats all their but ye ill send if wanted [file formats are FileXXXXX.mdx]

Level 3
Yes i would appreciate it if you could send the models to me. By the way, how do you change the size of a model (by using modeling tool of course).

Last edited:
Level 6
ekko you still havnt send me those models because i still need some armor models and any one going to do that gnome model id appreciate it.

Level 3
check your mail i sent them just after the last post. By the way I'm making a kindof beta with the models i got to show how it will be like. It will contain all the base classes, one instance (will be larger in beta than it will be finaly just so you have a chance to have a look at it), free for all pvp (not altarac valley style) and some of the weapons. Though i can't get the inventory to function properly.

Level 3
If you wait a kindof beta will soon be out to show how it will be. By the way i thought you all should know this is a warmup for a map im making later which will surpass this tenfold.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks for the moddels I realy appreciate it. One thing though some of the last models doesn't show up on the editor or ingame.

Btw. here is the two first screen shots of the beta.

The orc is a model Kalbintion sent me.

Attachments

• Undead.JPG
    Undead.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Orc.JPG
    Orc.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Level 4
who cares about size, dota has 2.6 mb and everyone downloads it, tob has similar size, everyone downloads it from site, island troll tribes? 3 mb ftw

Who cares about map size? I DO
I wont dl a tower defense thatr is larger than 1.5mb
DOtA nad ToB are famous maps , that is the reason why they are overdownloaded. Unfamous maps will not pass as a 2mb maps. That is problem with AtD, Against the Darkness, the map is great, but as it is 2mb+ large, not everyone wants to download it.

And scrab...

THW DOESNT SUPPORT GAME RIPS

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What kind of reason is that -.-

Level 3
What i mean realy is that even though this map is just a warmup for me, i take pride in making it and i will continue to use the models made for this map when i continue to make a second one. Also since the next map will be different to this, this map will not be forgotten when the next map comes out.

Level 3
Didn't know what you meant by that :confused: But i intend to make 1 more rpg map, and 1 other maps before retiring for a period (this excludes betas).

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Intention is nothing for a modeler to work for. Show results of an actual promising map, then make a request.

Level 3
Don't bring other online games into this i said it is an unique rpg map.
You shouldn't compare this to other online games because they are on a whole different level.

Level 5
could i get that orc and undead models, maybe those pauldron attachment too? kalbination is a good friend of mine, we talk on msn messenger all the time but sadly hes on vacation & i have no clue when hes coming back.

Level 3
I can send you the orc model and the pauldron attachent (what is a pauldron?) if you tell me your e-mail. And you can already download the undead model cause its the undead warlock model on the site, but ill send it to ya if u can't find it.

And Pirate, i can use the vilager male, but not the female because of the dress (if you think about the undead having a dress, then for your info im not using her in the final), but thanks for the links though. One thing though i can't get the skin to work.

Level 5
hehe after you download the skin you replace the war3map... thingy with the path that you got by the skin, in this case:
Units\Critters\VillagerMan\VillagerMale.blp
the path to each skin is attached by the creator of the skin, btw the skin is for the villager in the game so you would better like to try and make a new unit and start it from the villager model.
welcome for help :p

Level 3
I sent you the models, i hope someone could soon help tell me if they can help with the models i need. Untill now all contributions has been :thumbs_up:

One thing how do you get World Editor Unlimited.

Last edited:
Level 3
I need the models to continue with the progress, so i would appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Level 6
oh so it is alive and im wondering if someone could make maybe the a drenai (not of front page but can kinda do it myself),gnome and night elf (no females) since i have human,bloodelf,orc, tauren, dwarf. ( i dont need troll , undead yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.