• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help With Alpha Filtered Material

Level 6
Hello!

Currently I'm in the process of creating my own custom water considering what we have inside the Editor is so limiting. Now my issue is regarding how the Alpha filter reacts to fog...

WC3ScrnShot_101723_095536_000.png

As you can see above, it is completely unaffected by terrain fog - something I want to get a fix for if at all possible with an Alpha filter. Normally when I run into these issues, I can simply uncheck the 'unfogged' and 'unshaded' boxes within the Material Manager section of the Model Editor. However, it seems these boxes for this particular case were never checked to begin with and still I get the result you see in the image. Switching the Alpha filter off will make the water look like plastic and remove its transparency - It may as well be a sand dune tile at that point.

Attachments

• WoW-Water-Animated.zip
    304.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: