• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I've been making a riddle map and my final riddle involves making certain colors of lightning to trigger a final lightning to destroy a obelisk in the middle of the map to open a gate for you to escape.

Heres the code for the Red lightning

Events
Destructible - Lever 1616 <gen> dies

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
RedLightning Equal to 0
Then - Actions
Lightning - Create a Drain Life lightning effect from source (Position of Obelisk (large) 0013 <gen>) to target (Position of Obelisk (large) 0050 <gen>)
Lightning - Change color of (Last created lightning effect) to (255.00 0.00 0.00) with 1.00 alpha
Lightning - Create a Drain Life lightning effect from source (Position of Obelisk (large) 0050 <gen>) to target (Position of Obelisk (large) 0013 <gen>)
Lightning - Change color of (Last created lightning effect) to (255.00 0.00 0.00) with 1.00 alpha
Set RedLightning = 1
Else - Actions
Lightning - Destroy (Last created lightning effect)
Lightning - Destroy (Last created lightning effect)
Set RedLightning = 0

However when ever i kill the lever, nothing happens, Im not sure why not. I see no errors in the triggers but.... If anyone could help thanks

Level 7
Just some notes about general debugging.
Include messages in then and else so you can figure out if the condition was missed or not.

If your else message applies it means you set that red lightning var wrong.

I'm not too experienced about lightning efects and general visual efects so I can't offer you a direct solution

Level 4
Yeah but correct if im wrong but, The default value of a integer value is 0, so it would already be at zero, wouldn't it?

EDIT: I just used messages to see if it was using the Then or Else part of the trigger and it has been using the Then part of the trigger.

So that means something is wrong with the lightning part... hmmm... any ideas?

EDIT2: Ok apparently if you only use one color in the (255.0.0) it is invisible, Thats what the problem was...Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.