• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a trigger vital to my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need a trigger that's vital to my map, could someone please help me? It's about this:

Event: periodic event: every 2 seconds of game time.
Condition: unit of type is within ? range of unit.
Action: Cinematic - Ping minimap for Player Group - Player ? (?) at (Position of (Matching unit)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

I don't know anything about JASS and I don't understand the tutorial about it either.

Level 7
Onisuzume said:
I need a trigger that's vital to my map, could someone please help me? It's about this:

Condition: unit of type is within ? range of unit.
Action: Cinematic - Ping minimap for Player Group - Player ? (?) at (Position of (Matching unit)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

I don't know anything about JASS and I don't understand the tutorial about it either.

what? why do you need to know jass?

you're too vague with all the question marks, when a unit is in range of another unit, you want which player to be pinged at the location of which unit every 2 seconds?

cause theres 4+ possibilities

ping approached unit for approaching player
ping approached unit for approached player
ping approaching unit for approaching player
ping approaching unit for approached player
+ any other player that may not be involved in those equations

Level 3
The ? were meant for variables, since player number, colour, range and unit type and unit aren't exactly vital information.

But, if it pleases you.

Condition: unit of type Unit A <gen> is within 5000 range of unit B <gen>.
Action: Cinematic - Ping minimap for Player Group - Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Matching unit)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

But the problem is that I have no idea how to make a condition like that.
And on an other forum, (Clan CBS), they were telling me about using JASS for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.