• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help: Where and How can I start?

Level 1
Hello veterans,

I've been in a creative mood lately, overflowing with rich lore and worldbuilding elements. I've been looking for a place to utilize this creativity so I decided to integrate this into a custom Warcraft 3 (or Starcraft 2) campaign.
I've done some digging around in the map editor. Though at the moment I am very rusty and I have never before created on the scale I'm planning to now.

Can someone who knows about this subject provide me tools / facilities to learn how to create well polished campaigns? Name the price if needed.

Sincerely,
SpiderFanI

Level 20
Can't speak for SC2, that editor gave me nightmares when I first saw it :xxd: So I'll stick to ye olde WC3

I think one of the first thing you'll need is understanding Game caches and how to use them to pass information among your maps. That's the bare necessity to make your campaign work

Creating a campaign can be a bit overwhelming if you don't have a plan from the get go, so think about what systems/features you'd like to have, and see if you are able to create then with triggers

Level 1
Can't speak for SC2, that editor gave me nightmares when I first saw it :xxd: So I'll stick to ye olde WC3

I think one of the first thing you'll need is understanding Game caches and how to use them to pass information among your maps. That's the bare necessity to make your campaign work

Creating a campaign can be a bit overwhelming if you don't have a plan from the get go, so think about what systems/features you'd like to have, and see if you are able to create then with triggers
Thanks for quick reply. The tutorial of game caches seems understandable enough to begin. I will apply your suggestion to make a plan by working methodically with an organised approach. Thankfully The Hive community can help me out with any problem I come across