• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help: Transfer Spells Between Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making an RPG map and to aquire spells you buy them from shops (u buy an item and the spell is automatically given to u), i tried a system that check the level by creating a unit every time u bought the spell which sets a variable to the number of units in that region, then another variable records what the item you bought is.

When the hero hits a certain level they transform into a more powerful form, but i did this by basically removing the old unit and replacing it with a new one, So the new hero wouldn't have any spells. I tried to make a system that when you transformed it basically gave u the items for the spells.

The problem with this system is that every hero can have 7 different spells, each can have 7 levels. So this overloads the game and it closes :thumbs_down:

And so far i haven't been able to find a different way of getting it to work.

Help would b greatly appreciated,
Thanx.

Level 2
I don't understand how that would help, for a hero to acquire a spell they need to buy it (image attached shows the trigger), the problem is, i don't know how to identify a heroes spells if im not sure what they are (there are approximately 90 different spells)

Attachments

• trigger.jpg
    trigger.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.