• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Help Creating an Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to create a passive ability which activates when the unit with this ability is attacked and takes damage from a friendly unit. The attacking unit will increase its hit points by an amount proportional to the damage dealt. How do I do this?

Level 7
this is unrelated to the world editor help zone and should be moved to the "Request a Resource" Forum.
My mistake.
Current HP or max HP?
Current.
just take a copy of thorns aura, set damage to negative, add 900 range and that would be it, and yeah, change the buff description and icons.

EDIT: and set it to allied unit only.
That will not work. The targets aloud field only applies to the units which obtain the effects of the aura; not which attackers are hurt (or in this case healed) by it. The range field does not extend the effect to harm ranged units either; Thorns Aura is hard-coded to only affect melee attackers.

Level 18
So make that if unit is under attack,
conditions, that attacking unit has that ability (or has such a buff), that attacking unit is an ally, life of attacking unit not equal to max HP
then Set Life of Attacking Unit to damage taken

I`d make triggers, but I have other language version of WE.

Level 7
Trouble with that is two-fold.

First; the event 'A Unit is Attacked' will activate when the attack begins as opposed to when the damage is dealt. This is extremely problematic.

Second; the 'Damage Taken' is only in reference to 'A unit takes damage' event which can only be used for the 'specific unit event'.

Status
Not open for further replies.