• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Naruto-Konoha's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Naruto-Konoha's Last Stand (Updated: 12/25)

Naruto-Konoha's Last Stand
By RedFlash
Currently Alpha
Objective:
Konoha's
* Destroy Akatsuki's Forces and Release the Bijuu
* Protect Konoha
* Protect the civilians

Akatsuki's
* Destroy Konoha's Forces and Take Over Konoha
* Kill the civilians
* Protect the Sealing Statue

Playable Heros:
Asuma
Sasori
Deidara
Naruto
Sakura
Pein
Zetsu
Kakashi
Sasuke
Kiba
and many more

Features:
* Arena-It shall activates every 10 min - one person at least from each team needs to be arena before it starts to activate
* Battle On buildings, land, and water
* Recruit Shinobi for Personal Squads
* Take Missions
* Arrow Key Control/3rd Person View Option

Credits: Hive for alot of things trigger, spells, models, etc, Jhxcom_2000 Models, modler2 for the suna buildings (got permission now)
The_Flood's CameraSystem - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site - For Camera System
D.I.Y. Death for the terrain

Release Date
: January 2009 (hopefully)
Triggers: 5%
Models: 90%
Terrain: 10%

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated except kinds like "quit now", "will never make it so just stop etc"

Small Demo Video

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 11,334
  • awesome pic 2.JPG
    awesome pic 2.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 1,357
Last edited:
Level 6
lmfao i made those sand village models so when you planing on asking for permision to use them?

He only has one up and Ive seen that model on a Chinese site. Are you sure its your model or did you take an existing model and add new animations? There's dozens of explanations so instead of assuming so ASK. This way if you're wrong you can avoid looking like a douche and if you're right you can make the creator seem like an even bigger douche.

Looks like a nice map. Maybe it will be one of the only good anime maps out there.

Level 7
No. Just no. Your terrain is TERRIBLE, and the models are WORSE. Doesn't anyone making these shitty naruto maps realize that the models look like crap?!

Ok even though that's not the nicest way to say things sure I was planning on remaking the terrain because of some new features and its not exactly my fault that some models aren't the best looking

Level 35
Make sure to keep this thread nice and happy.

And when you post critique, please include some actual critique ~Void~ :p

And yes, I understand...its Naruto *shudders* so its difficult.

The Models: The models are decent, but they are not of any significant quality.

I would suggest better skins, and better meshes in the future, especially for the nine tailed fox demon, as of now it looks rather poor at best.

The Terrain: The terrain is monstrously flat, and has very little to offer along the lines of aesthetic pleasure.

There is little to no variation, and the trees are simply too similar, and too evenly spaced to provide any form of natural feel to the whole scene. I used to watch Naruto and I always noticed that the trees were quite green and round, with full boughs and orange/brown trunks. Ashenvale trees do not suit the village. Lordaeron might be a better choice, or else have a model made that has these qualities, and make variations of these trees also. I would also suggest, having 'random size, direction' turned on, so that your trees will be much more natural in how they look.

And it is my experience, that the water should not be square, you should make the lake rounder, and more natural, with a sandy terrain tile to skirt the edges, and perhaps dirt underneath the water. You should also put vegetation on your terrain, and add disfigurements such as hills, and dips, and put doodads like mushrooms, and logs, and bushes, and flowers about the disfigurements, and also add varied tiles of grasses, and dirts, and rock between these hills, and dips, and add bits of tile to the hills and dips as well.

Also, the Village mountain needs either a new wrap (if it is a model) because the texture is horridly stretched along the sides, or needs some form of rock face and bumpy texture added to the cliff (if it is terrain). Also, plants on the cliff would be a good start.

Level 13
Ok even though that's not the nicest way to say things sure I was planning on remaking the terrain because of some new features and its not exactly my fault that some models aren't the best looking

But its a fact. When the model looks that ugly, I cant even think how bad will the animations be on them. The terrain looks ugly too. Im not a modeler or terrainer so I cannot give any tips, but for me it just looks ugly.

Level 7
Look I already know about the terrain so am completely redoing it, also the models may not look good to you guys, but most of them are the best ones out there. Also the animations they got are pretty good so like the old saying go " Don't judge a book by its cover"

Level 9
But dude.
Its a warcraft 3 game.
A warcraft 3 game...

Everything you see in warcraft 3 games are models (covers as you call them)... don't use that saying to back up the crap models and textures.

Real Critique:
The models are of low quality (lul) and the terrain needs work.

-Bane

Level 9
He only has one up and Ive seen that model on a Chinese site. Are you sure its your model or did you take an existing model and add new animations? There's dozens of explanations so instead of assuming so ASK. This way if you're wrong you can avoid looking like a douche and if you're right you can make the creator seem like an even bigger douche.

Looks like a nice map. Maybe it will be one of the only good anime maps out there.
I'm almost positive he's telling the truth, so don't be calling him out.

I hope you realize the people on those Chinese sites post whatever models they find. I've seen my models on the site, and I for sure didn't upload it there.

Anyways, not sure how yall judge the terrain with 3 screen shots, buuuut whatever.

Level 7
I replace the old picture with some new ones.
P.S Most of those building models am not gonna use am just showing them to show how am gonna make the terrain

Level 6
I'm almost positive he's telling the truth, so don't be calling him out.

I hope you realize the people on those Chinese sites post whatever models they find. I've seen my models on the site, and I for sure didn't upload it there.

Anyways, not sure how yall judge the terrain with 3 screen shots, buuuut whatever.

But without proof its stupid to be pointing fingers.
Anyhow I'll give a proper critique:

Models are typical Naruto models. They aren't so horrible it hurts but they sure as hell aren't amazing either. But then again you're doing what you can with what other people have created so its not your fault.

You already know how bad the terrain is.

The general idea needs something to spice it up. Right now its a bit played out so maybe you can include missions to increase your rank for the kohona side and missions for Akwhateverbadguys to collect their tailed demons for team power ups. Map events wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Level 4
ok,,, i saw the new screen shots, once again it is flat, and there is everything is like the same. like all light green no variation etc etc

But, i do like those hokage heads you have up there, but i suggest you make them closer together since in the anime they are not so far apart. other then that i hope you actually do finish the game

i suggest to ignore any negative comments and listen to any contructive comments people give you ^^.

Level 6
This is a poor comment. As crappy as you may think the models are, there are far better ways of expressing it.

He has. He's one of the best terrainers in the warcraft community.

Then he has a right to constantly bitch about the terrain. Not how crappy the models are...which aren't THAT bad. They're your run of the mill naruto quality models.

Level 12
I think you guys are being mighty harse.

Every game made doesnt have to have the best stuff ever.

But if he can find a way to give it a fun mode to play, then the graphics come 2ed even if it is a fan based game off a tv show.

I think what you have looks great. Not the best in my life but Compare it to avg and your Much higher. But thats preference for me.

Level 18
Basically, the terrain is poor, along with the models. The models aren't too bad, but their textures are horrid.

As far as terrain goes, there is zero tile variation, height variation in some areas, and basically, it doesn't look natural at all. There are no doodads except those shitty building models.

Models, the building models themselves do not need to be super complex, but then their textures need to make up for it. Which they don't.

Not only that, but it's a Naruto based map. :thumbs_down:

Overall, I could care less. I'm sure there are twenty more maps just like it, just as lame, just as Naruto-y.

Level 36
If he has the GREAT MODELS why not give them to the ones that need it there are no better models around i havent seen better models on any naruto map. if u can proov me wrong

I don't need to be a good modeler to criticize your models. I know what looks good in a model and what you have right now certainly does not. You should probably seek out an experienced modeler and get them to make something for you. Note that the experienced modelers that are active at hive usually have posts in the 800-1500 range and WAY too much rep.
The problem with the models you have is that the spells are all built into the models and the animations are terrible because there are no particle emitters or ANYTHING at all. And the textures look almost as if they were ripped from screen captures. Baaaad.
Besides, if I had great models they would be here. The types that don't share their models don't last long here.

And about the terrain, you should look up what I HAVE made before you criticize me ;)

Level 12
"because of the Naruto nature."

Whats that supposed to mean.

What the crap is wrong with you. If you don't like it just because its about nartuo.

What you should have said
---------------------------------
In my opinion i think the modeling and graphics could be better, here are some suggestions.
I Personally don't enjoy naurto based maps because.
Here are some suggestions that i have, or reasons i think that this map idea is or isnt so great.

Good luck with your project.
-------------------------------------

Its one thing to come out with good feed back. Meaning you like this or dont like this. don't like it because or ect. Its another thing to just come down on someones game and rag on it for no reason. You can be very clear with out being a idiot. show some class man...

I my self enjoy watching naurto, I Think its a great show. Some don't. I am interested in this game coming out. In my opinion the screen shots look fine, There not the last phase of it. And even if they were they look fine, even if they don't look like the best ever made. Its about game play to me.

Maping should be about people making games they enjoy making. They seem pretty excited about the idea. At this point i don't have any suggestions. and i plan to try it out my self. when it comes out.

Level 18
I am simply stating what I have seen, you just go ask some of the experienced modellers of the Hive and elsewhere. My guess is they will say something along the lines of... No because it's a Naruto map.

BTW look at my first post in this thread, which clearly has the criticisms you think I am lacking.

BTW, I don't like Naruto based maps, because they are BASED on Naruto.

BTW, so you just enjoy gameplay? Then you are rare case, and probably a liar. Looks play a very large part in games. Why do you think that Next Gen Video games are progressing more and more to look like real life? Just for fun? No, to sell more product because it is more enjoyable.

Level 12
Ok I over reacted. But anyway we are good now :)
Its just i love my naurto lol.

But last comment before we go off topic, to much lol , Is your right about graphics being important and a key part.

I just meant alot of that can be overlooked some, (To a point) if the game play is good enough.

And a game with really high graphics but little to no fun game play, is harder to overlook is all.

There is a balance.

Level 6
From what I've seen it looks AMAZING so far.
The custom model buildings look 100% Naruto and the 3rd person view is surreal. Its not that crappy 3rd person view that everyone tries to use which just gets in the way either which is really nice. Redflash is working his nut sack off creating models and creating concepts that will really create a Naruto feel in warcraft.

Level 13
to those that think he needs premission to use their models and stuff GROW UP U UPLOADED THEM TO BE USED BY WHOEVER WANTS TO USE THEM all he needs to do is give credit to the ppl that made them
PS map is looking great

Level 7
dude WORLD PEACE! this all i can say the hero is too small while the structure/building is too big..make the hero/structure scaling balance..i think ive seen that model of your building somewhere in youtube..

Last edited:
Level 6
dude WORLD PEACE! this all i can say the hero is too small while the structure/building is too big..make the hero/structure scaling balance..i think ive seen that model of your building somewhere in youtube..

Actually he makes his own models for buildings. he also has the buildings so big because they're buildings. Did you want a bunch of buildings that were so tiny you couldn't jump from roof top to roof top?

Level 7
Actually he makes his own models for buildings. he also has the buildings so big because they're buildings. Did you want a bunch of buildings that were so tiny you couldn't jump from roof top to roof top?

lol dude..take a deep look at image the building is too big..the hero s too tiny there should be balance..there should be a sense of scale..this is d video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RWLeLGFctw

Level 6
lol dude..take a deep look at image the building is too big..the hero s too tiny there should be balance..there should be a sense of scale..this is d video YouTube - Naruto Ninja Challenge Konoha Final **Trailer**

The gates are different. His has less detail.
His buildings are largely 2 story buildings....much like what Kohona really has. Now if you take into effect that a 2 story building is going to be about 2.5 heroes tall (maybe even 3 with the roof) its a realistic size.

Level 7
3rd person game suks a lot dude why not make it an aos style map...it be more fun..3rd person game in w3 givs me headache a lot..i suggest it be good if aos style or rpg..

Level 7
New Images Konoha still in progress just showing what I been working on.

P.S. konoha is only 1/16 of the map

Level 4
i like the buildings but seriously, put some tile variation is looks like one spot is grey, the other is green and most of it is just brown :p.

until you find a terrainer maybe look at some terraining tutorials? :s
well anyways good luck on your project ^^

Level 3
i have just one thing to say.some resizing could be a good idea (have it in mind) entranse gate acctually bigger than the Hokage's residance.Else everything is looking good (not gonna say perfect cause it's probably not finished yet. maybe some more thing's to add in konoha)

Level 7
Here's a couple of models am working on
1) C-3
2) Sasori

Attachments

• c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 911
  • Sasori.jpg
    Sasori.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Level 7
Here's some more images of an arrow key camera system am thinking of using and Deidara C-3
Pictures
Pictures 1-5 are all the different kinds of angles that the camera can go to
(Picture 4 shows Deidara hiding in the trees so people in bird's eye angle can't see him)
Pictures 6-8 are Deidara using C-3
Picture 9-10 Is the camera view of Deidara Bird Mode
Picture 11 is Deidara using C-3 In bird mode

Give me your thoughts of arrow key camera system

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 399
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    600.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    626.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    505.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    587.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    575.7 KB · Views: 355
Level 7
Right now the terrain is being remade by D.I.Y. :grin:
so am working on some spells for yondaime

1st Pic is my newest model obtain from the site haomod.cn
2nd Pic is Yondaime Forming Rasengan
3rd Pic is a spell I try to remade from seeing this video
Notes 'the spell throws the kunai and he does the strike after he teleports as shown in the 4th Pic

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    715.3 KB · Views: 33
  • YondSpell2.JPG
    YondSpell2.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 27
  • YondSpell1.JPG
    YondSpell1.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg