• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hi, I wanted to show these new models Ive made, tell me what you think.

The royal guard is an upgrade on a old model of mine, actually the mesh was nearly completed a long time ago but I never finished it.

And the other its a naga medusa :D its a VERY old concept of mine for a unit in a very old abandoned naga project. Im finally working on it. :ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• RoyalG_1.jpg
    RoyalG_1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • RoyalG_2.jpg
    RoyalG_2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4,862
  • RoyalG_3.jpg
    RoyalG_3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,345
  • Medu_1.jpg
    Medu_1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 821
  • Medu_2.jpg
    Medu_2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 624
  • Medu_3.jpg
    Medu_3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 649
Level 18
I completely forgot about that upgraded Royal Guard there, I think you showed me that..I know of the original and where that is ;), the Medusa needs something on her head on top of those snakes..or something

Level 21
Reminds me of the Cataclysm Naga where you have to take the orb from him in the jungle troll starting zone.
I don't really like the Medusa either, but I really like the royal guard, and just wondering are you gonna release and let people use it?

Level 31
Yes Im going to release it, no point in keeking them. Im also releasing some Hearth of the Storms models I made (Lasher and Archpriestess), but I haven't asked Dmitry about permission to use his textures. So I need to re texture them.

@THE_END I dont remember showing it, mainly cause it was untextured. Maybe you are remembering some red naga that I once drew.

Most people dont like my medusa, Ill try changing it, but perhaps with animation it will be more pleasing to the eye? Ill update this Thread later. Thanks guys.

edit About WoW, that red naga Lord idontknowwhat was the inspiration for this royal guard.

Level 26
about the medusa: I agree that she needs something above the snakes. Maybe a crown. And the texture design might also be a problem, because it looks quite simple compared to the naga seawitch model that also uses medusa as the base concept.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I hate the girl for some reason but the guy one is awesome.

Level 31
Update: sorry no gif this time.
stand 1 [done]
stand 2 [done]
walk [done]
"Stand Ready" [done]
"Attack 1" [done]
Spell [done]
"Stand Swim" [done]
"Spell Swim" [done]
"Attack Swim" [done]
"Walk Swim" [done]
"Death Swim" [done]
"Decay Swim" [done]
"Death" [done]
"Decay Flesh" [done]
"Decay Bone" [done]
"Portrait 1" [done]
"Portrait 2" [done]
"Portrait Talk" [done]
"Portrait Talk" [done]​

Im animating the Royal guard, Ive just released the Medusa.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Level 21
Looking forward to the model and I'm...kinda a fan of the Naga. Wish there could be more Naga models/skins for everyone, but I'll be patient for this one.
I like it and don't want it rushed.

Level 31
@Dionesiist: Got it.

Heres another model Ive been working on, the Armored Ghost, it dates from the times of The Great Troll War, although this version was rejected by TerranUp16 I like it and Im going to release it soon. Texture is new and animations too.

Also Walk anim done for Royal Guard.

edit: on a side note, it uses a rather large 512*256 texture, but I think Ill be able to shrink it to 256*256

Attachments

• ArmG.png
    ArmG.png
    557 KB · Views: 173
Level 15
Awesome work, when the Royal guard gets finished, surely it will have a space in PoC :)

BTW, I have some Naga buildings made by you in the map and there's people that bugs me about releasing them (the Transport turtle and Reptilian Sanctuary for example) If you want I can post a link so you can release them here.

Reactions: Rui
Level 31
@moyackx: Hey Moyack!! thanks, Ill be sure to finish it soon.

About those models dont. Im going to upload that turtle right now, not sure why it was removed...and about the building, I dont like it and was thinking in remaking it. After that Ill release it.

Edit: Stand Ready, attack 1-2,attack slam and spell Done
edit 2: Only missing death and dissipate animations. Next: Naga BUILDINGS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.