• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My RPG terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The terrain for my RPG is almost complete. This has been something i have worked on pretty much scince i joined the hive and is the reason i got into terraining - because i wanted to improve my skills so i could make this map as good as i can.

Here's some screen-shots some of you may have seen a few of these befor but there is some new ones in there.

The map is 256 x 224 and is completly terrained. It includes a town, castle, swamp, cave, graveyard, small dungeon, hell type area, and a abyss type dungeon.

Attachments

• road.JPG
    road.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 989
  • hero.JPG
    hero.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 365
  • town.JPG
    town.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 412
  • tavern.JPG
    tavern.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 720
  • mage guild.JPG
    mage guild.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 254
  • throne room.JPG
    throne room.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 806
  • cave.JPG
    cave.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 577
  • cave2.JPG
    cave2.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 459
  • hell.JPG
    hell.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 448
  • swamp.JPG
    swamp.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,351
  • dungeon.JPG
    dungeon.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 328
  • castle01.JPG
    castle01.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 709
  • castle02.JPG
    castle02.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 635
  • Graveyard01.JPG
    Graveyard01.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Level 10
The trees are a constant problem, the reason im using WC3 trees is they have the most variations, wich is important when placing 100s of trees and viewing them up close in game + the canopy tree is usfull to cover up larger area of ground that would otherwise be empty.

@AKAIMAX some areas like the part of cave with dragon in it are empty cuz thats where u fight a boss and you will need lots of room to move around (because of combat system im gonna use), and the hell area is a bit empty but i kinda rushed that and will be improved later.

@ Corexx i can understand where your coming from with the enviroment thing but if you seen whole map it would make more sense (the road, town, castle, cave, graveyard, and swamp are all part of a large forest type area and the other areas you teleport to.).

@ HFR yeah, i hope there isnt a shit-storm if i try to post map on hive cuz of that, but it can be replaced.

@ Megafyr I think from angle i took that screen-shot it looks like crap but when your playing it doesnt seem so bad, in fact it make it seem like your really in some type of temple-dungeon.

Level 8
I don't mean one pic. I mean a lot of the pics. Like you could add shrubs or some rocks. Nothing too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.