• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Map: World of Dragon Ball Z [b]ONLINE[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
broly i cant do that, i support all dbz people and the fact that i helped both ghost and eggie out so im on both sides, also dont ban him. Cmon ghost dont be a **** like that ok? just give some suggestions and stop there. Anywho nice pictures this pictures will be good ones

Level 25
Basically, I just said I'M SICK AND TIRED OF EFFING FIGHTS IN THIS TOPIC, SO YOU PEOPLE HAD BETTER CALM DOWN BEFORE I START TO BAN PEOPLE

Ghost, will you NOT launch yourself into a fight every time you post on this topic?
Everyone else, will you NOT egg him on?

Level 5
Well thanks for your reply gohan43.

K Mecheon, funny pun,
"you will NOT egg him on?"
Sry I just found that kind of funny lol. But yeah I'm sick'n tired of this fighting to. I will stop argueing if Ghost agrees to do the same cause I don't really have any intentions of being banned. Plus I like all these people here, I wouldn't want em to get banned either.

Level 9
6Ghostface_Kilah9 said:
Broly SSJ4 said:
Hi Eggie nice map man....Hey u Stupid Ghost if you dont have **** to do then go **** your self u **** moron,i **** hate people like you.you know what i hate your stupid map,for me your map doest not make any sence.now shut the **** up and go get a nice dick at Adults books.Stop talking about Eggies map if u r not gonna help him or give him some ideas stop complaning cuz is not your map.people are the one's that r going to deside if the map is good or not.

Hey Gohan i know this is stupid but how u put that little picture.

Of course my map doesnt make any sense to you.

Cause your a complete retard

Your the one that kept bragging in the models section and saying that "Omg I got all the dbz character models wooot! Doesnt anyone want em? Oh wait I forgot I don't even freakin know how to submit models on the site." DBZ Character models that you ripped from ESF, god people are overusing those models way to much...

And god why can't you people accept my critisism?

If you actually use your head you'd know that I'm actually helping Eggie by giving him tips on making his map better...

Hey they might not be good on the eyes, but its still a help. If he wants a retarded looking HFIL/Hell then go for it, if he wants to rip ESF models then go for it I don't really freakin care. I'm just giving out my opinion on his work. I could of just sit her queitly on the comp and work on my project and not bother with such pest, but no I wanted to help out eggie-poop by pointing out areas where it has a high level of retardness. And ideas that are just freakin whack-o, because frankly making a map is just boring if you don't have any competitors.

Do you people understand now?
Ghost. People do not accept criticism from you because it's not constructive. It never has been. A majority of people do not know that the models are ESF. Someone ripped them from DBZ Supreme RPG and posted them here. They got deleted shortly after, but some people still downloaded them. Really, hardly any people know how to convert from ESF, and even less actually have done it.
Edit: Didn't read page 7, sorry, lol ^^"
Yes, the point of my message was, Ghost, you point out the problems, but you don't tell Eggie how to fix it. It's not too helpful then. Anyways, Eggie, that icey lake place looks really good. In my opinion, it's the best terrain shot yet.

Level 4
Fine fine fine....

Right now I'm listening to Backstreet boys - I'll never break your heart so I'm in a good mood 8)

So I'll stop bitchin now...

I also like the Snowy area but it doesn't fit the world of DBZ. And the ability to submerge? Wtf but why? Yeah they fought underwater a couple times in DBZ but it was very brief and I don't think its really that neccesary to add that feature in your map but oh well your call.

I would comment about the other pics but... I don't think its the kinda kiss ass comment that you'll like to see.

Level 24
6Ghostface_Kilah9 said:
I would comment about the other pics but... I don't think its the kinda kiss ass comment that you'll like to see.
he doesn't want to see kiss-ass comments, he wants to see constructive ones. like you can say something sucks, or f***ing blows, but say what he should do instead.

Level 8
he has a point, there really isnt any point of swimming since they did it like only a few times, about 3-4 times. Also i dont remember spikes of ice in the ice place and i know the movie and all it really is, is just snowy plateaus really and im believe a river. But anywho good luck with teh map (ghost post some updates on your forum monkey boy)

Level 5
Well thank you for the replies on the snowey place! But the reason I'm adding an underwater feature is because there AREN'T many underwater fights in the show and some of the major ones that occur are in the Icey Tundra so I'm going to add it in here, but I see what you're saying. I'm not sure what you mean by the L House behind it is this what you mean?
ScrGokuLHouse.jpg

Well I said I'd update the plains, here you go. Y' think it's a little to bushy?
ScrPlainUpdated.jpg

Gotta do my homework sorry for all these delays but I'm working as hard as I can do with the time I have (I got a lot of time, but still). Cya.

Level 5
K I'll fix that and make a brand new L House as you call it. How bout some feedback on the updated plains?

Ghost I'm copying the show, I'm not copying you we've been through this.

Level 5
Thhhhhheeeeannnnkkksss!!!! (My retarded version of saying thanks in such a happy and grateful way). (I'll say it again,) THHHHHHEEEAAAANNNKKKKKSSSS!!!!!! Well thank you that's very nice of you to say ElectricSaiyan. Btw everyone else expect me back soon with some updates.

Level 5
Can you both settle on this: both of your maps are going to crush mine into the ground.

I really don't see the point in fighting over this. It's impossible to say what's better, becasue that's an opinion, not a title.

Level 5
Hi, this is not ''TharadOr'' as you think it is.
It is ****** From clan NgO, and i can say, that the models might need a better skind. perfareing:

A: Good model - bigger sized map - Slow DL - SLow Load. - leaving cause of low dl and low loading
B: Decent Model - medium sized map - Normal Slow Dl - OK load - people complatns about uglyness
C: No good model - low sized map - good dl - fast load - proberly leaving cause of fuckedup models.

Oh, and the sagas.

You see, i proberly spend 6-7-8 months making a map. so you're making 1 map for each saga? taking a whole life :(

Level 5
Wtf are you talking about Tharador each saga on separate maps are you out of your mind?! Plus even if I wanted to it couldn't be done because my map is multiplayer.

Level 9
TharadOr said:
Hi, this is not ''TharadOr'' as you think it is.
It is ****** From clan NgO, and i can say, that the models might need a better skind. perfareing:

A: Good model - bigger sized map - Slow DL - SLow Load. - leaving cause of low dl and low loading
B: Decent Model - medium sized map - Normal Slow Dl - OK load - people complatns about uglyness
C: No good model - low sized map - good dl - fast load - proberly leaving cause of **** models.

Oh, and the sagas.

You see, i proberly spend 6-7-8 months making a map. so you're making 1 map for each saga? taking a whole life :(
Model load times affect maps about 1-3 seconds, so really I see no huge problem with that. There IS a problem with downloading though, but there are other ways, such as Epic War, WC3Search, WC3Campaigns (if you get hosted, or if it gets accepted).

Level 4
ElectricSaiyan said:
Lmao. Just ignore him. He's just mad because you have great potential in terraining. That's probably why he keeps saying you keep copying him. Anyways, great work Eggie. I have nothing more to say :p

Alrighty yeah maybe copying isnt the word to describe it. Ok so now I'll just go with

Our maps looks similar because were pretty much using the same doodad models in wc3campaigns lol :p

Let me show you how our maps looks similar

Compare.jpg

Snakewaycompare.jpg

Level 5
Me too I believe the same thing, but you know Ghost and everyone else that terrain I showed back at the first comment in the topic is kinda old, I'm redoing most of it anyways to it'll look cleaner and more like the show. Ghost you showed a pic of Snake Way from my map, but where's the pic from your map that you think I "copied" from?

Level 5
Ah I see lol. Ghost I never saw that Snake Way pic so you can't accuse me of copying it, although it looks pretty good. People here, updates are almost on their way!

Level 5
Emh SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I AM FUCKING RAGED RIGHT NOW FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT SHIT SHIT GOD IS SCREWING WITH ME!!!!! GOD LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! YOU AIN'T FUNNY!!!

MY MAP IS FUCKED UP! IT WON'T OPEN! NEITHER WILL MY BACKUP NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO NOO!!!!!!!

P.S. for 2 weeks I've been working 7 hours a day remaking the map ALL OVER AGAIN.

NOOOO FUCK!!!!

Level 4
Tsk tsk tsk....

Do you see why there hasn't been a 480x480 map on bnet?

Or any fully finished 480x480 map for the matter?

Because its unatural and it screws up everything.

And if that 2 week 7 days a week remake you've been working on is 480x480 too, then I guess you'll have to remake that also if you want this map to be playable.

Level 8
ghost has a point eggie, 480x480 is for not playn on bnet maps. I would suggest going the maximum of we instead of weu. Anywho hows the remaking coming. And dont feel to bad, ghost remade his map twice.

Level 2
hey Sup Eggie sup guys.i have a question?
can any of u tell me how to compressed/Reduse models icons skins zise plz i'll apreciate.i know that i dont have to ask this here but making a new thread will b dumb since none like to answer.hey Eggie when is your map coming up man lol.

Level 5
Eh..... Gohan43 you mean a 256x256 map? Well I'm not entirely sure about that, there isn't as much playing space. Plus I've noticed, when I used to make 256x256 maps before I got WEU, space would run out quickly, and every spot on the map would need to be so tiny. With 480x480 you can almost have infinite space (that is how big it is!) because the massive world of DBZ wasn't a small 256 meter peice of land. It was BBBIIIGGGG. The advantage to a 480x480 map is you can make it gigantic with more quests, forests, and grassy mountains to represent a good RPG but with a DBZ storyline.

Oh Broly to compress them you needa just open Wc3 Image Extracter and save them as TGA. Then save them back to a BLP file and when it asks you for the quality, you can input about 55. I always use 55 on my DBZ map cause it saves tons of space and you notice no difference in quality (maybe a tiny bit, that's only with a zoomed in close camera). Man haven't you been reading Broly? Map won't be out in like 1 week or a few days, it has to be remade. I had added too many DBZ features to let them go to waste, so I AM remaking it. This time it will be clean and ship shape, with perfectly sized primitives (like basic cubes, and spheres) plus some new primitives I've added BASED off other models that people have made. Everything will look more like the show now, Goku's house will look exactly as it does with the grassy plains around it and stuff . . . I won't give it all away right now lol.

Ghost don't rub it in that my map is fucked up now.

P.S. the worst part about this is that my old DBZ map was gonna be released in 4 days aproximatley :(.

Level 2
Hey Can i be one of the tasters lol.
about Compressing models?do i have to do the same thing u said.cuz am thinking on rezising all the dbz models i have.

u know what man try contact me at am always on so we can talk about ? [email protected].

Hmmmm u cant open models on wc3 image extract.just blp's and icons.

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:
Eh..... Gohan43 you mean a 256x256 map? Well I'm not entirely sure about that, there isn't as much playing space. Plus I've noticed, when I used to make 256x256 maps before I got WEU, space would run out quickly, and every spot on the map would need to be so tiny. With 480x480 you can almost have infinite space (that is how big it is!) because the massive world of DBZ wasn't a small 256 meter peice of land. It was BBBIIIGGGG. The advantage to a 480x480 map is you can make it gigantic with more quests, forests, and grassy mountains to represent a good RPG but with a DBZ storyline.

Oh Broly to compress them you needa just open Wc3 Image Extracter and save them as TGA. Then save them back to a BLP file and when it asks you for the quality, you can input about 55. I always use 55 on my DBZ map cause it saves tons of space and you notice no difference in quality (maybe a tiny bit, that's only with a zoomed in close camera). Man haven't you been reading Broly? Map won't be out in like 1 week or a few days, it has to be remade. I had added too many DBZ features to let them go to waste, so I AM remaking it. This time it will be clean and ship shape, with perfectly sized primitives (like basic cubes, and spheres) plus some new primitives I've added BASED off other models that people have made. Everything will look more like the show now, Goku's house will look exactly as it does with the grassy plains around it and stuff . . . I won't give it all away right now lol.

Ghost don't rub it in that my map is **** up now.

P.S. the worst part about this is that my old DBZ map was gonna be released in 4 days aproximatley :(.

I am not rubbing it in Eggie...

I'm just saying that there has been very few to no maps featuring a 480x480 map size for a reason ya kno.

If you want to have the world be so epic then make a campaign.

But hey I'm not doubting your project, I'm actually pretty excited to see what you've been cooking up :D.

Good luck!

Level 5
Thanks Ghost! That's nice of you to say Good Luck! It's supportive!

I know I made my first World of Dragon Ball Z which was off the charts epic. Earth was on 1 map, Namek on another, Dead Namek on another, The Future on another, Kami's Lookout on another, you get the point. I was really gonna finish it, but you see I've read topics about other single player maps and tons of people have said no one plays Single Player much anymore. So I thought, this is wasting my time if no one will play it, and I thought that training would be more testing to your skills, since combat system was very different, so it really trains you up when you practice on Lookout, and other training areas. But wouldn't it be even more fun to train against OTHER players? And follow the RPG style storyline WITH them? Until someone makes a system that allows players to be together in multiplayer, or teaches me how to work this http://www.gg-game.com/en/.

Well bye, btw working hard on the map, screenshots may not be coming for some time! But stay tuned cuz you never know . . .

Level 4
Eggie Poo Poo said:
Thanks Ghost! That's nice of you to say Good Luck! It's supportive!

I know I made my first World of Dragon Ball Z which was off the charts epic. Earth was on 1 map, Namek on another, Dead Namek on another, The Future on another, Kami's Lookout on another, you get the point. I was really gonna finish it, but you see I've read topics about other single player maps and tons of people have said no one plays Single Player much anymore. So I thought, this is wasting my time if no one will play it, and I thought that training would be more testing to your skills, since combat system was very different, so it really trains you up when you practice on Lookout, and other training areas. But wouldn't it be even more fun to train against OTHER players? And follow the RPG style storyline WITH them? Until someone makes a system that allows players to be together in multiplayer, or teaches me how to work this http://www.gg-game.com/en/.

Well bye, btw working hard on the map, screenshots may not be coming for some time! But stay tuned cuz you never know . . .

People still play Single player games you know. Because in a Campaign the amount of stuff you can put in is absolutely limitless, unlike a bnet custom map.

And you'll still be wasting your time filling up a 480x480 because not alot of people on bnet can load up such a map and will most likely leave because of load time, lag, crashes and whatnot. Frankly I think that's why not many people has ever finished a 480x480 map and have it be playable on bnet but hey I could be wrong.

Level 5
Well I've made and downloaded sounds and also edited them, but to import each would go above my limit 5MB, (I can reduce it with some programs), so making a singleplayer campaign kinda like World of Dragon Ball Z (My first one) would be putting the sounds to use. I know 480 lags a bit and takes time to load/download. But I like 480 . . . it gives me so much free room to work with . . .

Anyways a few screenshots of what's been in work so far.
I've tried to make a better and improved version of every spot on the map, and extended every area to make it bigger for free roaming.

The new and improved . . . Icey Tundra!!! Added much more room to fight in and stuff, and you can actually go underwater and stand on some of those broken ice chunks! Hope you like it.
ScrIceyTundraRM.jpg

Master Roshi's Island! (Kame House). It now has an underwater environment. In fact, every place in the map is submergable! Pretty nice huh?
ScrRoshiHouse.jpg

Note that all these pictures are WIPs, so they still need a few more touches here and there and should be good to go.

By the way, a question I NNNNNNEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD answered by the people of the Wc3 community. I have curved beam triggers in one of my old DBZ maps, like a beam shoots out, and you use the arrow keys to steer the direction so you can make an actual curve with the beam! Should I add this in the map or no?

Level 5
Wrong Gohan43, beams do curve. Against Raditz, Goku does move his arm in a motion and the beam winds sort of and curves in a different direction.

lol Ghost it was just an idea, it could be fun if enemies control the beam direction themself using AI (believe me, I know how to make them do stuff without using the gay AI Editor or using custom scripts or AI triggers).

Level 5
Okay I need the opinion of the people.

Should the map be,

1. 480 x 480
2. 448 x 448
3. 416 x 416
4. 384 x 384
5. 352 x 352
6. 320 x 320
7. 288 x 288 (I don't understand the point of choosing this option, since it is not much different than 256 x 256. )
8. 256 x 256

Sorry to overwhelm you guys with these different options, the reason is because . . . well I'd prefer it to be a 480 x 480 map over EVERY single option, but Ghost and Gohan said it takes a while to dl it so the dl number may be stuck at "0" for a whole friggin 30 minutes. That would suck. But 256 x 256 is just way too small for me, since the space DOES fill up very fast, and I've attempted making a 256 DBZ map before, and each area has to be VERY VERY small for it to even leave room for anything else. So therefore 256 x 256 is a fucking useless peice of fucking shit. But, what about if I made it a tad bigger? Please please I need everyones opinion on this as FAST as possible I repeat as FAST as possible. Thanks, and cya soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.