• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My first terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I have allways been a triggerer but tryed to terrain myself yesterday and i think it turned out nice, but tell me what YOU think about it.
As the tittle says its the first terrain i ever made, and i have it in three versions.
First one is the standard version the second one is a water room and the last one is a boss room. I wanted it to look like some kind of dungeon.

The three versions is simply the three grades my room had, first it was just a simple room, after that i added water on the floors and 2 colums to make it look more like a water room. And on the last i made it a boss room by adding much waterfalls and 2 more colums so it wouldnt be so much empty anymore and i added Lady Vashj.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tell me what you think and what to improve =)

P.S. This is based on the The Legend of Zelda 2D games style since im a huge zelda fan.

Attachments

• Standard Room.PNG
    Standard Room.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
  • Water Room.PNG
    Water Room.PNG
    821.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Boss Room.PNG
    Boss Room.PNG
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 375
Level 17
I guess i can't say 'Tile and height variation!' here.
Cause its supposed to be generic.

Yepp, thats the only thing that makes me freak somtimes. Its to flat... but its like impossible to change that and still making it look good. :S

BTW, the deep water that flows trought the room is 100% made of water falls, so it took quite a while to make it, and it looks better ingame when the water actully moves.

Level 17
Well, there is a pedestal under her but its like impossible to see it now since i added water around it, lols. And the reason that the waterfalls isnt so realistic is that i had to make them destructibles so that i could hide them... i found out that i couldent hide doodads o.o Atleast i couldent find it. The point with hiding the waterfall is that the waterfalls will only appear when she use a spell that makes the water flow all over the room and puch back everyone inside it. But i guess i can skip that part and make it allways show up if that looks better :eek:

Level 7
Looks nice for a playable terrain. Not much else to say... try make a more artistic terrain next time to really show what you can do

Level 17
Oziris, wanna talk with you in private but you has dissabled PMs T__T
I have a reason for using thoose doodads.
But still, the water is water falls, not taken from D3:Wc3 since thats already in world editor. Yes i took the arches from that map but thats becouse they reminds me of the LoZ style. No, i have that chest on my computer downloaded it from hive like a half year ago. And the style? Uhhhmmm... Same walls? :O
Lol x)

How can you even think Diablo when you look at that? Brings the LoZ games on my mind :D

That is what this is suppost too =D Im glad that people actully see that its LoZ based. Someday, in my entire life, i might make A Link to The Past, wouldnt that be awesome? =D

Level 17
Xe.r.e.X you are damn right there my friend =)
I still have a Super Nintendo since i dont want to sell that game, even if its worth so much now days.
I even got the game for Wii (downloaded) and use the classic controller to play.
Got one 100% map on SNES and Wii =) The day they do a remake of A Link to The Past, the heaven has come to the earth itself.
The problem with remaking LttP for Warcraft 3 would be that the game is so freaking big. And you have acces to all places at the beggining already :p
And i dont know how i am suppost to do some items xP

Status
Not open for further replies.