• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Cliffs do not block Sight, Vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
(Disclaimer: I've searched the vision guides and tutorials, I've gotten the blink fixer system)

I use cliffs that increase the height by 2 levels (tallest cliff).

For some otherworldly reason, even sometimes with trees and pathing/vision blockers this happens. Even if proper placed in grid,my units can see through.

I am not using vision modifiers, I've searched for them in the Object Manager.

Also to help with the problem of seeing too much I am also reducing vision using an ability (Item Sight Bonus) with negative -1000 to test but even then I can see through.

Even with normal unmodified trees, I've made a few Squares of trees and LOS blockers, but I can allways blink into them. They partially block vision but if you really walk close to them they don't work.

The only moment I was able to use cliffs to block vision was when I had 4 height levels. wich means a 1 Square Cliff on top of a 3 Square cliff. (Cliff over a Cliff). It looks awfull but blocked vision.

The problem is that I need more real state, I wanted to use a "wall Cliff" to make walls without using doodads (since the limit for these is small).

Cliff as wall would just take 1Square wich would be ideal aswell.

AMdmy

Level 3
I've been testing further, and if a create a new map, LOS blockers do work.

For some reason, unit's vision in my map are ignoring LOS blockers and Cliffs.

After Deleting the all the trigger data, the problem is solved.

however after searching in the object manager I cannot find actions and functions related to vision over the map.

Last edited:
Level 14
Do you do anything that changes the occlusion height of units? I think occlusion height that is high enough will allow units to see over LOS Blockers

Level 3
Yes, both my units and the doodads have standard occlusion height.

I've searched for everything to do with vision but if I delete all the triggers from the map, vision works normally. Only gets messed up with the triggers running but in object manager I can't find anything related to vision.

Dis map be hexed mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.