• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
As I terrain each map, I use an old third-party program called "WoWMapViewer" and it's a major help when terraining proportionally.

The models aren't the best. But it's certainly a hundred times better than we had before. So they'll do fine for a few Open Beta releases. Models is not a critical issue at the moment. But I think we'll need more good modellers soon.
~Craka_J

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
would at least be more nice if all classes had a custom model, good or bad, in the next beta. Otherwise it ruins the game a little, cause it rly makes u think that u are just playing some game in warcraft 3, i hope u know what i mean.

Level 34
You have a save code. You save in single player, then play the multi player and enter the code. Poof, you have your character.

Level 25
Wc3:WoW will use a special third-party program called "WarSoc" which will enable Wc3:WoW to be a multiplayer game. People will be able to join the game even after it has been started and thus allowing possibly hundreds of people into one server, making this into an MMORPG. I'd really rather not explain the technicalities of how it works, what makes it possible, etc. So you'll have to ask MindWorX: He's the creator of the program.

Will Wc3:WoW or the third-party program cost any money? No. At least Wc3:WoW won't cost you a cent, that I know. Whether MindWorX decides to add a small fee on his program or not is his decision.

So here's the plan:
Wc3:WoW will be worked on as a Single-Player campaign, but acting as if it were an MMORPG. The single-player version is simply just a layout of how the MMO version will be, but offline and incapable of even lanning!
We're currently working on the Single-Player version to prepare the campaign for further MMORPG development. Once WarSoc is finally finished being made and is debugged, Wc3:WoW will be supported by it. Will we stop making the Single-Player version? Most likely not! A lot of people told me they want the Single-Player version more because they are strongly in favor of the smart computer AI of the Player-Bots and once the AI is fully developed, the bots will be doing things not even I could explain how they were smart enough to do... though this will take a very long time to make and it isn't our primary goal at this very moment.

Once we've finally gotten Wc3:WoW up and running, we'll being working on its stability and defiantely making Wc3:WoW a lot more like WoW, including the GUI.
~Craka_J

Level 1
Hey I just found out about the whole WC3 WoW project 3 days ago and I just wanted to tell u how amazing this whole thing sounds. I am a modder, not the best I have to say but I'm alright and I understand how hard this project must be although it looks like you guys have the best of the best so I just wanted to thank you guys for starting this and being dedicated it has really inspired me and I'm sure when it gets done no matter how long that may take it will revive WC3 and encourage alot of people to start making more campaign based mmorpg's, this whole thing is just huge. I hope to see this done and complete and I would love to be a help in anyway preferably a beta tester if possible I do have alot of ideas and suggestions for this whole project and would love to spot out any bugs found in the beta version. Please post back and let me I know and once again good luck with the project and keep working on it because when you guys finifh this it will completely change the whole worlds aspect of WC3!

Level 25
I was able to understand what he was saying/trying to say. Therefore it is not such a major issue.

Thank you for your kind words and encouraging support, xfriox! It makes me proud to hear that the fan-base is still growing and that just the screenshots alone are making people melt in anxiety and excitement to play this campaign.
~Craka_J

Level 2
sounds awsome
the idea of having a large number of people playing at once on warcraft 3 is mind blowing

id donate the 12$ a month myself

Level 25
Well thank you very much for your kind support. :smile:
It is very nice knowing that there are quite a few that would willingly dontate money towards Wc3:WoW.

Wc3:WoW doesn't need any donations yet, but once we get servers ready and when WarSoc is finally completed, then we will probably then need donations to get dedicated servers for the public beta testers to have a fun time on Wc3:WoW.

I believe Wc3:WoW will be the first MMORPG ever created for Warcraft III, unless if MindWorX's MMORPG he is making for WarSoc is completed first. It'd be pretty amazing to be a part and leader of something this big for Warcraft III.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I doubt they would sue. I really doubt they would sue. They won't lose any players to it, and I doubt they would make money on it. They would have to spend more than they would get back.

Level 25
They cannot sue us first of all, I've checked their policy thing of what's illegal and making a mod of their game with another game would actually impress them. I believe I've also heard from someone who had spoken with a Blizzard employee that said that Blizzard Entertainment has indeed noticed Wc3:WoW's existance and they too are excited to see what it will become in the end. I don't remember if he mentioned that they ever played any of the Open Betas of Wc3:WoW yet though.
~Craka_J

Level 4
They're totally like "we want to hirez them"

or not. but it's pretty sweet that you have blizzard interested in you. blizzard does hire people, you know.

Level 25
Blizzard also requires a college degree in specific classes that will benefit them. :smile:

As far as I know, Blizzard is not at all interested in actually 'hiring' us. Mainly because none of us have any types of degrees (Not yet at least) in C programming or anything like that. It's what's on paper that really counts. :wink:
~Craka_J

Level 34
Not if you do good enough of a job. The reason they want paper is because the odds are someone who went to school for programming is going to pretty good, where some guy who just grew up doing modding for other games isn't going to be as good. Why bother looking at someone without a degree, it would be a waste 90% of the time. Although if you produced something that caught their attention, they might look into the people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.