• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiboard not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Everything besides kill count works fine, and I don't know what's the problem :(

Like whenever I kill something as a player it works, but the numbers get mixed up for reasons unknown to me. For example, I get 1 kill as a red player, it works, but as soon as orange (computer 6) gets the kill, numbers start to mix up for no reason...

• [/B] Create Multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Player_Count = (Number of players in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)).))
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and (1 + Player_Count) rows, titled Kill Count.
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Player Name
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Kills
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Show icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 12.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
      • Set VariableSet List = 2
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)).) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVillagerMan.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row List to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row List to 0
          • Set VariableSet List = (List + 1)
      • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)[B][trigger][/B]
  • [B][trigger][/B] Player Kills Update
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Killing unit)) controller) Equal to User
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))[B][trigger][/B]
  • [B][trigger][/B] Player leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player).) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Gone[B][trigger][/B]
  • [B][trigger][/B] Define Colors
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Player_Colors[1] = |c00ff0000
      • Set VariableSet Player_Colors[2] = |c000000ff
      • Set VariableSet Player_Colors[3] = |c0000ffff
      • Set VariableSet Player_Colors[4] = |c00800080
      • Set VariableSet Player_Colors[5] = |c00ffff00
      • Set VariableSet Player_Colors[7] = |c0000ff00

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    14 KB · Views: 14
  • 7.png
    7.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 6.png
    6.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 5.png
    5.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.png
    4.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.png
    3.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.png
    2.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 8.png
    8.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 9.png
    9.png
    41 KB · Views: 15
  • 10.png
    10.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
Can you show a screenshot of your multiboard in game?
What I believe is the problem:
  • Player 6 orange slot state is not "playing" but "empty" (and controller is "user" by default for empty slots).
  • The on-kill trigger only checks if the killer is "user"-controlled, but does not check if the killer's slot is filled.
  • When that empty "player" kills, its "multiboard_spots" value is 0, so the kill count for that player is shown in every row.
You can add a condition to the on-kill trigger to check that the killing player slot is "playing", in addition to them being user-controlled. Then orange's kills will be ignored.

Last edited:
Level 12
Can you show a screenshot of your multiboard in game?
What I believe is the problem:
  • Player 6 orange slot state is not "playing" but "empty" (and controller is "user" by default for empty slots).
  • The on-kill trigger only checks if the killer is "user"-controlled, but does not check if the killer's slot is filled.
  • When that empty "player" kills, its "multiboard_spots" value is 0, so the kill count for that player is shown in every row.
You can add a condition to the on-kill trigger to check that the killing player slot is "playing", in addition to them being user-controlled. Then orange's kills will be ignored.

The number on ''Player Name'' shouldn't exist and whenever orange gets a kill it starts deducting it into my score. After I get the kill, my kill score shows up for a brief moment then once again after orange kills something his score gets up over mine.

EDIT: I added the function which you've advised to do and now it works great, problem solved!

Thanks for the help dude, I appreciate it :)

The command is:

((Owner of (Killing unit)) slot status) Equal to Is playing

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.