• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard colouring weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey Hive

I made a multiboard, well functioning. Except for one thing. Player 4 and Player 5 keeps getting named Player 4 and Player 5, for some reason.

I've made the exact same functions to change their names as the other players'

Variable for name and colouring (same done for the rest with their own colour codes of course)
  • Set PlayerName[4] = (|c008A2BE2 + ((Name of Player 4 (Purple)) + |r))
Setting player names
  • Multiboard - Set the text for PlayerStatBoard item in column 1, row 3 to (|c008A2BE2 + PlayerName[(Player number of Player 4 (Purple))])
Setting player names if not playing from start (with conditions and Integer(3-12 (player 1 and player 2 are AIs))
  • Multiboard - Set the text for PlayerStatBoard item in column 1, row ((Integer A) +1) to |c003C3C3CNot playing|r
Also have a trigger (same as above) which is triggered everytime a player leaves the game to change his name to "Not playing".

Don't have any other triggers related to the Multiboard.

If you need more info, tell me.

Does anybody have any idea of how or why this occurs, cause I'm really lost

EDIT: Players 3-12 are supposed to player controlled no matter what

Level 3
So what you are saying is that it is player 1 and player 2, who has been given the two next spots on the list (since test player will always be number 3, if 1 and 2 are AIs)?

That makes sense, but if I were to remove them then, then I should just remove their values in the variables tab.

Didnt think a player would be given another player's position just because it was unused, but thanks a lot!

Level 18
Quehn said:
Didnt think a player would be given another player's position

Quehn said:
Except for one thing. Player 4 and Player 5 keeps getting named Player 4 and Player 5, for some reason.

What are you talking about? No player is being given any other player's "position". What's been said is that if you reference Player 5's name and Player 5 is not a user, then "Player 5" will be returned as his name. That is why your multiboard displays Player 4 and Player 5, as you said it did.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that when you're defining PlayerName[ ] you add the necessary color tags, and then you add them again when you're applying the name to the multiboard. You do not need to use the color tags twice.

Level 3
What are you talking about? No player is being given any other player's "position". What's been said is that if you reference Player 5's name and Player 5 is not a user, then "Player 5" will be returned as his name. That is why your multiboard displays Player 4 and Player 5, as you said it did.

Doesn't make sense, cause then the other "none-existing players" would be named player (number) aswell, but in this case, it was only two players. Also found out that I changed if I tested it as another player then player 3, then it would change it so that player 3 and player 4 would be shown as player 3 and player 4 instead of "not playing" (which it was set to do).

but thanks for the name tags, didn't really think about that

Status
Not open for further replies.