• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] MUI: How am I able to cast a spell using 12 units at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I tried the dynamic indexing tutorial but it does not work.
If I have a skill that when cast damages 100 and heals the caster by 100, it works when only one casts it.

But when 2 or more. It does not work. So I am not able to cast it with 12 units at the same time.
For example, 12 units of footman of me double clicked and casted it but only one does the skill successfully.

Any fix?

Level 24
If I understand correctly:
  • MyAbility
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <yourability>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + 100.00)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Antimatter said:
For example, 12 units of footman of me double clicked and casted it but only one does the skill successfully.
You mean you ordered them manually ? As far as I know, manually ordered abilities of the same type when multiple units selected behave like that.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

MUI = Multiple Unit Instance.

What you describe has nothing to do with triggers or MUI.
It is simple the behaviour of Warcraft.

There might be a work-around so you can make all your selected units of the same type cast the same ability

MUI - multi-unit instanceable, meaning that multiple units can cast the same spell at the same time. If a spell has no wait function in it, or you don't need to keep track of data, then there is no need for an indexing system. That being said, it's always good to have an indexing system for more complex triggers.

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but I think that it's not because there's a bug, but because the ability is meant to be cast one by one. For example, if you have 12 dragonhawk riders selected and you tell them to Aerial Shackle an enemy air unit, only 1 is going to do it. If you want to make them all carry out the order simultaneously (as opposed to shift-clicking the target 12 times), you'll have to create a trigger ordering all units currently selected to cast the ability whenever you manually give the order.

EDIT: Ardenian beat me to it :D

Level 5
MUI = Multiple Unit Instance.

What you describe has nothing to do with triggers or MUI.
It is simple the behaviour of Warcraft.

There might be a work-around so you can make all your selected units of the same type cast the same ability

Thanks, I thought I was the only one failing these triggers and that concludes it cannot be ever done

MUI - multi-unit instanceable, meaning that multiple units can cast the same spell at the same time. If a spell has no wait function in it, or you don't need to keep track of data, then there is no need for an indexing system. That being said, it's always good to have an indexing system for more complex triggers.

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, but I think that it's not because there's a bug, but because the ability is meant to be cast one by one. For example, if you have 12 dragonhawk riders selected and you tell them to Aerial Shackle an enemy air unit, only 1 is going to do it. If you want to make them all carry out the order simultaneously (as opposed to shift-clicking the target 12 times), you'll have to create a trigger ordering all units currently selected to cast the ability whenever you manually give the order.

EDIT: Ardenian beat me to it :D

Does it mean that if you have ability called "Flame Strike" and you have 1 "Blood Mage" , and 1 "Fire Mage" (custom for example), will work and that's MUI? (For the reason I have different unit-types.)

I guess same unit-type does not really work and never will. Right?

If I understand correctly:
  • MyAbility
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <yourability>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + 100.00)

It won't bug right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.