• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MPQ Draft Windows Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a working Windows version of MPQdraft anywhere? I can't seem to find one and I really need it for my Warcraft IV modification (it is a pain to copy and paste MPQ's and would be a lot easier for users to just use an Exe). I need it as soon as possible because beta is rolling in soon and I would like this to go smoothly. Thanks in advanced,

~ Kingbdogz ~

Level 8
What is MPQDraft, is it just a normal MPQ handler (importing, exporting, viewing)?
If so, try MPQMaster. If not then try to explain what exactly it does.

By guessing is it something that auto-imports files into an MPQ upon click?
If so, that could be easily made.

It actually converts the new MPQ into an Exe so basically instead of copying and replacing war3x.mpq or war3patch.mpq with a new one you can just use MPQDraft to make an exe. Less trouble for the users since they can just download an Exe and start it up...

Level 8
Well, .exe's aren't cross platform (without an emulator) and there are plently of cross platform MPQ Tools and libraries.
So this may not be the best way, it may work under WINE though =|

And I still don't quite get what it's doing, does it merge the files into the war3.mpq's?
What is the exe doing?

Basically the exe is just the new mpq in exe form. You run the program (in my case Warcraft IV.exe) and it uses the normal mpq's and the new mpq within the exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.