• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Movement in TDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
A strange problem I found in TD, when ordering the unit to move to the centre of the next region; it don't go in a straight line towards the centre of the region; it goes as if it will go away from the region and when the unit is getting near it, it suddenly changes its direction to the centre. Don't know why !!

Level 7
Maybe you have a periodic trigger that orders the unit to go to end of lane, i never had a problem like this in my td, units just walk straight to center of region

Or maybe there are some pathing blocker (in case you are editing someone else's map)

Level 16
126172-albums1967-picture17578.bmp

This is what I mean in my problem.

Level 28
It's actually a quite common problem, but most of the time it isn't noticeable, since there are a lot of units walking in a near-perfect line.
You can notice it in maps that really need the perfect line (like guitar hero-maps).

Creating another region in between the 2 regions would indeed be a good option, like PatruX said :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WC3's pathing system like most pathing systems roughtly goes in a straight line. It actually goes to becons on the terrain if you look at how it works. This is to save computation time, as good pathing algerthims are computationally intensive or impossiable to impliment well.

Level 11
Hm, do you have your triggers like this:

• Event
    • Unit - A unit enters <your region>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order <Triggering Unit> to Move to (Center of <Next region>)
If this is the case, change your regions' size so that creeps move to where your <center> should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.